<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  

My two best friends want me to go to college at the University of Northern Texas

July 16 2006 at 5:30 PM
No score for this post
Jonathan  (no login)

As most of you are aware I go to college up in Utah. My first semester up at Snow College, I made two best friends. I will not say my two best friends real names, but instead I will call them Tom and Julia for this post.

Tom and Julia are very dear friends of mine. Up at Snow, we did so much together. We went to the mountains, bowling, laser tagging, out to eat, etc. etc. We were all very close and still are. In fact we keep in contact with each other over the phone.

Recently Tom asked me if I wanted to attend the University of Northern Texas with him and Julia later on. I told him that I would think about it, but probably yes. My main reason for going to Northern Texas University is the strong love I have for both my friends. I have been lonely for a long time, and these two have lifted the loneliness off of me. They are a blessing God gave me to my prayers. However I mustn't be rash. I have looked at the college website. It looks like a nice enough university. I have not looked at their selection of literature classes yet, but so far I am IMMENSLY IMPRESSED with their selection of history classes. After all I want to get a double major in History and English.

Now I have some questions about Texas for those who may live there. First off what is there to do in Texas? I know there aren't a lot of mountains, but are their still beautiful camp grounds, and lakes for fishing, boating, and swimming?

One thing that really interests me about Texas is a place called Hippie Hollow. It's a clothing optional lake. However I do have some reservations. It says you must be 18 years old to enter. Why? Is their lots of sex, swinging, and sexual perversion that goes on at Hippie Hollow? If so I don't want to attend it. Also how far is Hippie Hollow from Denton Texas? About how many hours away is it?

Any of these questions answered, would help me immensly.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
drhornist
(no login)

University of North Texas

No score for this post
July 16 2006, 10:05 PM 

Jonathan,
First of all I must tell you that the University of North Texas is a wonderful school. I thought about going there because their school of music is great, but opted not to for other reasons. I think you would be very happy there as it is a larger school than Snow, but has a small campus feel. Denton is about 45 minutes (give or take) north of Dallas/Fort Worth. It really has become a bedroom town of sorts because of all the growth of small towns between them. There is a lot to do in that area alone. There are campgrounds in every direction with lakes scattered throughout the area. A drive up to Oklahoma gives you some "Hill" country. It isn't the Rockies, but it is a nice area, just southwest of Oklahoma City.

HIppie Hollow is in Austin on the lake (Lake Travis, I believe?). I've never been there and don't know that much about it. There are several nudist/naturist resorts in the Dallas area, as well as a Christian Naturist non-landed group. That group has a yahoo group forum you could join. They do seem to get together at times if you're interested. Going back to Austin, it's about 4 - 5 hours from Denton, depending on how you drive AND, most importantly, the road construction up and down I 35.

I think you would enjoy UNT if you decide to go there. I can understand wanting to be with your friends. But do make sure it's what you want to do.

If you email Boyd or Kevin, they can give you my email and I would be happy to answer more questions for you.

May God grant you the wisdom to see the path HE has chosen for you at this particular time!

PEACE!
Nancy

Laura
(no login)

UNT

No score for this post
July 17 2006, 1:50 PM 

As Nancy pointed out, UNT (University of North Texas) is a good school. I considered going there when I graduated from high school, but I wanted something smaller and closer to home.

Although I didn't attend college there, my sister spent her last two years of high school in the Academy of Mathematics and Science at UNT and recieved her high school diploma from there. I don't remember all that much about the school as I was only 6 or 7 when I visited. I do remember that I absolutely hated leaving my sister there, though, as we were very close at the time.

As Nancy said, again, make sure that you make your decision based on what is best for your direction in life. Don't just decide to move to Denton and go to UNT because your friends are going. As much as you might miss them when/if they move away, you can still visit them, call them, email them, and such. I didn't want to leave my best friend after I graduated either, but part of growing up after college is being able to do what's best for your adulthood rather than what all your friends are doing.

As for Hippie Hollow, I don't know much...only that it is on Lake Travis and depending on the time of year, you might run into some people that aren't necessarily there to enjoy being nude, but rather to enjoy your nudity. Usually it is around the holidays that things like that might happen just because it gets more crowded than normal, I assume. You might check out the following message board: http://com3.runboard.com/btopfree

This message board is not by any means Christian, but it does have some information on different destinations, some is in the Destinations thread and I think there might be some other info mingled into the other threads, you'll have to search for it.

If Texas has nothing else to offer you, it definitely has more mild winters, warmer summer temps, and plenty of places to sunbathe...you just have to be a little creative and willing to walk for a little bit to find an area that is tucked away. Hope to see you in Texas soon!

Jonathan
(no login)

Thank you Nancy and Laura

No score for this post
July 17 2006, 10:42 PM 

I thank the both of you for your comments and suggestions.

I still have time to think, ponder, and pray about this decision. Because if I go to this school, it won't be for another three years.

I will admit I have good feelings about going to school in Denton.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  
Find more forums on NaturismCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Live Nude and Prosper"