<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  

Poster Preview for CNC Events

August 28 2014 at 5:48 AM
No score for this post

Boyd Allen  (Login boydallen)
Owner

A PREVIEW of a poster I am creating for the CNC events. This will be used at resorts, mostly the host resort, about three months before an event.

2015 CNC Poster

This message has been edited by boydallen on Aug 30, 2014 10:33 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ramblinman
(no login)

Re: Poster Preview for CNC Events

No score for this post
August 30 2014, 5:17 PM 

Boyd, that is one eye-catching poster! Great job.

I am not sure what you meant by Christian nudist kids???
Are you saying that there will be a separate meeting for children while their parents are at worship or Bible meetings?

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
August 30 2014, 10:33 PM 

the kids are there already. They have a couple of adults who will work with the kids. usually just right next door to us. They have access to and from our group. It is a very relaxed and fun environment.

Lynette, who is named in this poster, has been with our group since we started. She has two of the kids.

The kids wanted to start their own group and named it CNK. My daughter helped pick out the letters to use in the logo.

So it is a cooperative work.

An addendum:
BTW...the kids are always welcomed to participate in the adult sessions and they do join us for Sunday Church Service.

This message has been edited by boydallen on Aug 31, 2014 7:17 AM

Terry
(no login)

No score for this post
September 3 2014, 6:13 PM 

I like it all. The poster, the concept, the cooperative work and the idea of kids participating in the event.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
September 3 2014, 9:59 PM 

Terry
(no login)

No score for this post
September 7 2014, 12:03 PM 

O.K., I posted an announcement in my "Updates" over at True Nudists.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
September 8 2014, 7:19 PM 

I went back on TrueNudists for the first time in three months! I finally upgraded to a paid account so I can do more on there.

I'm not sure if you know this Terry, but I do have a CNC group on there where i post events and updates.

Terry
(no login)

No score for this post
September 10 2014, 9:50 AM 

Yes, I saw the group. Nice work.
I also like to post notices in the secular part of a group or site. Gets the word out to more people other than just Christians.

My wife's church also has a problem trying to evangelize people. They post upcoming events in the weekly bulletin and on the windows of the church buildings where no one but the members would see them. She is constantly trying to have them publicize events early and out in public. Guess many of the members are resistant to having newcomers join their little private club.

That's why I mention posting other than just your group. I'm sure you're way ahead of me on stuff like that. Just thinking Net Nude is another good posting source.

BlueTrain
(Login BlueTrain)

No score for this post
September 12 2014, 6:29 AM 

I think that increasing membership is a perplexing problem for all organizations, although it can be a little different for different kinds of organizations.

A church is a private organization just as much as a nudist club is. The same would be true for a private city club or a country club. Maintaining the membership is always going to be critical if the organization is going to continue. Otherwise the membership literally ages and the membership dwindles.

On the other hand, the admission of new members still needs to be controlled in some way so that the very nature of the organization does not change. Again, that's just as true of a church, particularly a small, independent church, as it is for a nudist club. The existence of a national organization naturally has an effect on all of this but I don't know that there is any national nudist organization that has any control in any fashion at the club level. Likewise, there are many independent churches. Also, some denominations with national organizations have little to do at the congregational level.

Such organizations vary of course in the way they seek to acquire new members. Where I live, we frequently receive mailings for a few churches, but never from a country club. I suppose they get new members by word of mouth. In the same way one can be born into a certain denomination (meaning you go to the church your parents go to), you could be born into a country club (Son, it's time you joined the club!). Basically, some are much more public and open about accepting new members than others.

All of these organizations still have to have some form of management to insure that the church or club maintains it's basic nature. In addition to good management, the willing cooperation and help of the members is also necessary.

I don't know of any commercial churches, even though some are incorporation. But there are commercial nudist clubs, just like there are commercial exercise clubs. Someone owns it and you pay a fee, follow the rules and become a member. Even so, good management is still a requirement.

It's not hard to understand why some members can be hesitant about letting just anyone join.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
September 12 2014, 9:50 PM 

I do reach out on Facebook where more than just Christians are contacted. This particular forum is more open to the public than the CNC Forum (which is why I encourage everyone to use the CNC Forum) so anyone stumbling across this site will see announcements and information.

The flyers as posted here, along with the Tri-fold brochure goes to resorts and to AANR. I will also send some to TNS(The Naturist Society) for distribution as well. We are going to make some effort to get an ad in the Nude and Natural Magazine (TNS) along with a story.

AANR has some of my brochures now and we have access to the AANR website to post announcements.

Thank you BlueTrain for your response as well. Yes, we do have to control the group but so far, not much happened that causes too much alarm. We do have an occasional person who misunderstands what I say and get huffy and leave for some reason or another, but that is nothing new.

We have this one young lady here in Denver, CO who is getting bolder with her friends and groups she hangs out with and tells about our naturist group. Sounds like we may start getting attention out here in Denver.

Terry
(no login)

No score for this post
September 13 2014, 5:25 PM 

Sorry BlueTrain. If churches are trying to recruit members so they can continue to pass along the Word of Christ then there should be no reason to create a closed club in the church where the members are reluctant or hesitant to letting anyone in. Churches should be throwing their doors open and welcoming people with open arms if they are to perpetuate their philosophies and let people know the joy they have found.

Churches have certain rules and statements of faith that they abide by. Boyd's CNC site states that quite plainly. "All who attend need not agree with every point in our Statement of Faith, but we respectfully request that no one seek to promote beliefs contrary to it." Like Boyd's CNC, if someone doesn't agree with their tenets then you should not be attending there. The only reason church people should start to close up about new people is if the new people try to change the philosophy of the organization.

Boys also states, "Now, let me hasten to say that while we are definitely Christian, you do not have to be a Christian to attend." THAT'S they way you evangelize people. Welcome everyone, let them know what you are about and then let them decide if that is the place for them. Sorry, I disagree with your last statement. It IS hard for me to understand why people are hesitant about letting new people in unless they want to create a private club where you exclude certain types. Don't ask Christians to come to church. Ask the UN-churched to come in. Hopefully, I haven't misinterpreted your post too much.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  
Find more forums on NaturismCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Live Nude and Prosper"