<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  

A question about God's forgiveness

September 26 2014 at 6:12 AM
No score for this post

Boyd Allen  (Login boydallen)
Owner

A question was asked on Facebook: "Why did God kill everyone in the flood instead of forgiving them?"
(this was also asked on our CNC Forum with some responses copied to this thread)

I answered:

Who said God didn't forgive them? What was happening was hurting his children so much that the only way to stop this madness was to step in and put them down. The human race would not have survived this self destructive behavior. It is not just about forgiving, which in Christ, ALL have been forgiven, but in protecting the human race. In Christ, even though God had to put some people down with mercy, all have been forgiven and they WILL have a better life in the resurrection. To God, death is not the end, it is the beginning. Though to Sin, Death is the end, but in Christ, there is life eternal. There will be a time when these people, as all peoples, will face and see God for who and what He really is. And they will find grace, healing and redemption. We see a flood that was written down, but what about whole cities that are blown away by hurricanes, volcanoes, and many more "natural" disasters. Is God punishing them? Many thinks so. But I doubt it. But they died in a disaster that was just as deadly as the flood. Doesn't matter whether it was a flood or anything else. People die and God will resurrect and bring them Life in Jesus.

What is your take?

This message has been edited by boydallen on Sep 27, 2014 5:49 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

bornnude
(Login bornnude)

re: A question about God's forgiveness

No score for this post
September 26 2014, 8:16 PM 

I think that is one (and a reasonably good one) way to look at things.

From what I can tell, without much biblical evidence, the people of the time were breaking God's moral law. That would include, I believe, child sacrifice.

There are a few other theories out there, including someone I respect, who believes it may not have been God that caused the flood. For instance, what if it were the Satan who caused the flood but God who provided the rescue of Noah, his family and the animals.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

Re: re: A question about God's forgiveness

No score for this post
September 27 2014, 5:44 AM 

It is pretty much implied that God sent the flood. However, there are also natural disasters that God didn't cause directly, (though it was built in by the way the earth and universe is created).

There is physical "hints" that there were giants on earth by the historical evidence of things that were done thousands of years ago. I was watching "Hunt for Aliens" episode on National Geographic and in this one, they were hunting for giants, specifically the one eyed version. They never found the physical evidence (bones) but one man that was interviewed who was a professor of history, referred to the Great Flood which they found was about the time the biblical story suggested and notice that most of the "giant" stories were pre-flood and unusual bones such as elongated heads were evident more before the flood than after.

Giants were thought to have built the large temples or structures (Monoliths) that are found around the world. Stones that were too much for our time, let alone a non machine age. And another thing they noticed was that after the flood age (assuming a flood of that magnitude happened) the stones used to build were much smaller (easier to handle by our size). Another thing they noticed was that the ocean level was lower then. So a flood (melting from the ice age?) could have been responsible for the higher water levels we see today.

The bible talked about giants and angels (the show implies "aliens") who mated with the women of the earth, caused these "giants" to appear and Noah was "pure in all his generations" may mean the his blood line was not corrupted by "inhuman" breeding. So God had to stop the corruption of the human race and start over with a family who was still with pure blood and in "God's image and likeness".

These are just thoughts and the evidence that is being found seem to be lining up with the biblical account. Still a very long way to go and no evidence yet has been found of giants, this may still be something to watch. More and more strange things are being found and archaeologists and scientists are beginning to rethink the history of our world.

BlueTrain
(Login BlueTrain)

No score for this post
September 29 2014, 5:20 AM 

I would dispute any idea of giants or Aliens in pre-historic eras because one of the basic assumptions is simply false. The assumption is, that ordinary men could not have made such structures because they did not have the ability or presumably the intelligence to erect large stone monuments and other structures.

That is an assumption made by someone who sounds like they never actually made anything themselves and therefore no one else could either. They simply underestimate the ability of "ordinary" people to do things with simple tools, the same ones you learned about in grade school.

Ever heard of Easter Island? There are monolithic stone monuments there. When Thor Heyerdahl visited the island in the 1940s, he discovered that the "native" (awful word, native) people still living there still retained the knowledge of how to erect the huge stones and proceeded to prove it.

A thing is only strange as long as you know nothing about it.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
September 29 2014, 6:53 AM 

Thanks for your thoughts. The assumption about the ability to move and erect these stones is that they weigh in at several tons, and we use huge machines that were designed to move these monoliths. These are not your standard jacks you use under your car or Farmer Browns tractors. These are machines that can lift a stone the size of your car, but weigh ten times more. It would take hundreds of people to move these things and the question is not whether there were giants there or not (the bible mentioned giants, so that is clue) but how they were moved. My comment about ancient aliens is not my agreement that there were aliens. However, there is some support in the bible that something was happening. The spiritual world cannot really impregnate women because angels are not reproductive. Nor is the evil demonic world (fallen angels). So who were the beings that came down to marry the women of earth and impregnated them and the results were giants? Giants have been a part of human folklore around the world as well as the Flood of Noah, though the names are different, same story in most cultures who has a written history.

As for the "awful" word "native", that is not a bad word. It simply means local, such as "I am native to Florida", meaning, that was where I was born and my extended family is from Florida. Or the kangaroo is native to Australia and not to the Americas. A flower that is native to England can be transplanted to the United States, but it is not native to the United States. If used as "native community", you are saying "local or original community". Meaning origins.

The word "nativity" means where you were born, such as famous "Nativity Scene" popular during Christmas, showing where the birth of Jesus was at.

Native is not a derogatory word.

BlueTrain
(Login BlueTrain)

No score for this post
September 29 2014, 8:28 AM 

It doesn't take hundreds of people. You're still making false assumptions about the abilities of our ancestors. Of course, if there are lots and lots of big and not so big stones to move, as in the pyramids (the big ones, that is), it helps to have a lot of people. Yes, they took a long time to build but they've just finished Washington Cathedral. It took a hundred years to finish.

Terry
(no login)

Re: A question about God's forgiveness

No score for this post
September 29 2014, 10:55 AM 

My take? God is the creator of the universe for whom all time happens at once and with our puny brains we cannot comprehend what His grand plan is.
Our problem as humans is that we can't see past the present and the now. Hence our fear and anxiety. We can't see past this dimension of life.
Since I wasn't on Earth at the time of Noah I can't comment on how bad it was, but I guess to destroy the human race there must have been some sort of plan. I'm sure forgiveness was a part of that plan. Our beliefs are based on faith, so we just have to go on faith that all were and are forgiven.
Because of the Fall humans and their environment stopped being perfect so we will always have, "hurricanes, volcanoes, and many more 'natural' disasters." Just because we have those doesn't mean we aren't forgiven. Natural disasters were just set in motion by Adam and Eve, not God punishing us. But He will still take care of us in the afterlife.
We just need to get past the present and have faith in God's unknown.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

Re: A question about God's forgiveness

No score for this post
October 1 2014, 6:17 AM 

I think that is the big thing Terry. We try to second guess God and try to make it all fit in our scheme of things and what is right and wrong. Keep in mind, we took of the tree of knowledge of good and evil outside of our first taking the tree of Life.

Today, that tree of life is Jesus, and we take our knowledge of good and evil from the True Source, not outside of that. As a result, we may find that since God is good all the time and that goodness is God's core being, then we should not be afraid of that goodness.

Death is a part of God's good plan, and we should not be afraid of it.

The tree of knowledge of good and evil caused man (outside of Christ or Tree of Life) to live in a life of fear. Not fearing just "bad things" or "evil", but fear of the good things as well. That is why Adam hid, because he was also afraid of goodness.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  
Find more forums on NaturismCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Live Nude and Prosper"