<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  

I must have been VERY GOOD this year!

December 25 2014 at 1:09 PM
No score for this post

Boyd Allen  (Login boydallen)
Owner

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Terry
(no login)

Re: I must have been VERY GOOD this year!

No score for this post
December 26 2014, 12:40 PM 

No clothes? Nice work. Our family never buys clothes for each other. You never know what someone will prefer. Since eventually, we HAVE to wear clothes we just get gift cards for family members and the going out to pick clothing is like a Christmas extension. You give the gift and then they get to shop for the gift. Double benefits. We have a Women's Assistance League downtown here that sells nice second hand clothing. I've finally convinced my family that I LIKE the used clothing since its great quality and only costs 3-7 dollars. Christmas all year round.

There's just the three of us at Christmas and suddenly the other day the idea popped into my head we should visit Shirley. Shirley is a part of my wife's Bible study class broke her hip cha cha dancing. She is in a nursing home rehabilitating and doing well. What better way to spend a little time at Christmas than bringing her and her roommate a couple of poinsettias and cards? Plus, we bike ride, so another benefit. After seeing so many of the older people's rooms plain and un-decorated my wife felt bad and we're going to try and think of some way to cheer the people us with a flower or something. So many of the people don't have visitors and we'd like to do just a little bit. I used to work in a nursing home 35 years ago and remember how it was for folks.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
December 29 2014, 5:53 AM 

Terry, you may be going through a funk financially and lacking a real job you need, but you are not sitting around feeling funked. You are going out doing good, serving people, riding bikes, spending time with family and keeping a positive attitude. Jesus has you covered! Forget clothing, forget worrying, be IN Jesus and living IN Jesus, letting Him lead you where you need to go.

Gift cards are always nice. It is the easiest way to give gifts. But you also need to know the person well to give gifts that are personal and to the point. Which means that if gift cards were available to the Wise Men, I doubt they would use them seeing their gifts meant something more.

Blessings and be blessed,

Terry
(no login)

No score for this post
December 30 2014, 4:32 PM 

There have been many times when I didn't think God ever spoke to me. My wife tells me that I'll know when He does and to just listen. All I know is that several days before Christmas the idea to visit Shirley popped into my head and that we had to bring cards for both her and her roommate. I guess the idea was God's voice to me. I had realized that the big turkey dinner doesn't take long to prepare since my wife streamlined the process, we had the whole day free, there was no reason to sit on our butts most of the day and we could make it productive simply by stopping by and saying hello.

We stayed a few minutes, Shirley's granddaughter and hubby stopped by so it was time for us to leave. When walking out my wife noticed the lack of decorations in many of the residents rooms which in turn inspired me to suggest we buy several dozen battery LED Christmas candles and give them to residents with a card signed by us next Christmas. It wouldn't be much and I guess we'd have to discuss it with the recreation director, but a lot of the folks have no one to visit them and some little token might help. I'll see what develops in about 8 months. We need to remind people that mission work isn't always overseas in some desert country. It can be right across the street.

Ramblinman
(no login)

No score for this post
December 29 2014, 9:52 PM 

Boyd,

Appropriate gifts for your naturist friends:
Towels
Sun block
Wrist band key holders
Inflatable air mattresses for the pool
If you are flush with cash, renew my AANR membership!

And your gift of flowers or decorations for seniors in rest homes is sure to bring good cheer.
I hope Shirley can dance again someday.
It does seem to help folks remain youthful, provided you don't break a hip in the process!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  
Find more forums on NaturismCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Live Nude and Prosper"