<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  

Latest Happenings

February 17 2015 at 8:09 AM
No score for this post

Boyd Allen  (Login boydallen)
Owner

Did everyone decide to take a long break? We are still alive and doing well. I am working on starting a new business, but it is going to take some time and money. Not a lot of money, about a thousand to get started. If I were to go full monty, I would get at least $40-50,000, but I can get a small start with $1000. I'll be working on an Apple Fritter business on a food truck or trailer.

This message has been edited by boydallen on Feb 17, 2015 8:10 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Terry
(no login)

Re: Latest Happenings

No score for this post
February 17 2015, 7:49 PM 

I'm glad you're moving forward. Every night we have a few cocktails after dinner and say a quick prayer that we can cast out the demons in our live...which include the morons on the back half of the property...and move forward. I'm glad you're moving forward with a plan.

Despite any problems we are having here there are a few positive aspects. We are getting help here and there from women in the Tuesday Bible study my wife teaches. Even though she was passed over several times for ministry positions so people in other towns could be hired the church has helped us monetarily. Our daughter got hired on full time in a decent (not minimum wage) paying job for a medical tech company she worked for as a temp last year. She is trained as a seamstress, but enjoys this work, too. She doesn't get burned out on sewing and is doing freelance costuming work as well.

A BIG break was that we could not officially license our car for 5 years because of repair costs. We did drive it for a year illegally, but garaged it for the most part for 4 years. We fell behind on yearly fees since California didn't send us notices. I FINALLY worked up some extra money and my wife said take a leap of faith and fix the car then we can see about making it legal. I went down to DMV and was sweating that the back fees would be possibly as high as like $1500 with all the penalties. The woman assisting me was having trouble getting a printer in the office to work so it took a while. I don't know if it was my sparkling personality, friendly nature, pity on me because the printer held me up or just plain pity, but she handed me the registration, sticker and said thank you. That was it. No charges. Nada. I went outside, looked at the paper and she had nullified $800 in fees. I texted my wife, went home and said prayers of thanks. She is the one with faith and she is the one that said use the money on the car so we can move forward. I guess I need to take an example from her.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
February 18 2015, 11:15 AM 

Thank you for the update. I didn't know you were without transportation (legally speaking here). We spent two and a half years here in Colorado without any transportation other than city bus and bike and of course, hoofing it. We used back packs we bought at thrift stores to carry our groceries in we bought. We stop at the door of the store and start transferring everything put in bags into our packs according to how we can carry it. What is not packed in our back packs, we repack in a pull cart. Try lugging all that on to a partially full bus.

Anyway, we are praying more earnestly and faithfully for a house and property that can not only fulfill our personal needs, but also help as a place for CNC gatherings on occasion, especially our leadership. That will mean we will need to move to a more central part of the country like Kansas. Yes, that is a little further from those in Cali, but we have to make a landing spot that will move our cause forward.

So we need jobs or an opportunity to make improvements in our lives. Praying for you too.

BTW Terry, have you thought of going into your own business? I am working towards a food truck business. Something mobile and can take anywhere. I was that way with my sign business for a long time. "Have Brush - Will Travel" For me now, "Have Fritters - Will Travel" (Apple Fritters)

Anyway, keep on in faith. BTW...you (Terry) keep bringing up your wife's faith as if you do not have it. YES YOU DO!!!! If you have the holy spirit, you have FAITH. Why? Because it is not YOUR Faith, but the Faith of Jesus Christ, the FRUIT of the holy spirit, that is IN you. So quit talking like you don't have it. I want to see you talking of YOUR Faith, NOT because YOU are special or having something outside of God, but because of Jesus inviting and embracing you into HIS circle of love (Trinity) and faith, and being that which you cannot be or do of yourselves. In HIM We live, move and have our being. With God, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

And in the famous words of Quick Draw McGraw: "And doooon't yew fergit it!"

Ramblinman
(no login)

No score for this post
February 20 2015, 8:37 PM 

Boyd,

You might want to launch a kickstarter.
Food is one of the things you can get startup money for.
https://www.kickstarter.com/

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  
Find more forums on NaturismCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Live Nude and Prosper"