<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  

Neighbors

May 22 2015 at 12:39 AM
No score for this post
Hal  (Login coffee4hal)

Read your forum often but have not posted for years. When I read your “Hello,” where is everyone thought you might find the following situation interesting. I posted it on Netnude under Home Nudist when I couldn’t log on last night. I created a new account this evening.

Nearly a year ago a couple originally from Ecuador bought the house next door. The first thing they did was to plant a metal Menorah in the front yard. We live in Phoenix, AZ, Maryvale area. If you are familiar with Phoenix, Maryvale is not the best neighborhood to live in, mostly Hispanic with a high crime rate although getting better. My first thought was how long would that Menorah last before someone steals it. We later found out that they were Messianic Jews. With Spanish the language of Ecuador, they fit right in. I am 80 and Pat, my wife of one year, is 72, the old folks next door who are not Hispanic and don’t speak Spanish. We like them very much, good neighbors, if fixing some special dish or soup, always sharing some with us. The wife, will come over to visit and usually winds up talking about the religious aspects of her life such as why she usually keeps her hair covered most of the time based on the book of Leviticus, don’t remember which chapter. We have not mentioned that we are nudists and that brings us to the point of this message.

With it getting warm, I like to keep a pair of running shorts handy to slip on without taking my shoes off should someone come to the door. I am careful as to how I sit, etc., so as not to offend anyone. Pat wears denim dresses around the house as she raises birds as a hobby and they bite in very tender places. Last week, the wife suggested to Pat that she hide and get rid of my shorts. At first, I found it amusing, now I am beginning to wonder how it will affect our relationship when she finds out that I prefer going nude at home including working nude in the backyard. We have a fence nearly seven foot high between the properties.

We are active members of Canyon State Naturists, AANR and enjoy Mira Vista resort from time to time. CSN is planning a group trip to Mira Vista for the annual “skinnydip” on July 11, which we plan to attend. I am sure others have faced the same situation or one very similar.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

Re: Neighbors

No score for this post
May 22 2015, 7:08 AM 

Great to hear from you. We also have our CNC Forum athttp://christiannc.com

We have Messianic Jews in our Nudist Bible Study Group. We get into some very interesting conversations.

I wasn't sure what you were saying in your post about hiding shorts and worrying if they find out you are nudists, if it will affect your relationship. Are you saying that the new neighbors will find out? Not sure.

Who suggested to your wife that she hides your shorts?

Ramblinman
(no login)

Re: Neighbors

No score for this post
May 24 2015, 7:38 AM 

Messianic Jews are a diverse bunch. Some are closer to Orthodox in their customs, some more like Reform Jews.

I met a Jewish woman at a nudist event. She was wearing a Star of David necklace and nothing else. We each had a glass of some soft drink in a cup and toasted one another "L'chaim!".

It was not a private setting for discussing salvation and Messiah Jesus, but my heart goes out to my Jewish kinfolk and if circumstances had been different, I would definitely have talked with her about it. I understand their need to preserve some essence of their folkways even if they become believers in Jesus, but the exact approach varies from congregation to congregation, person to person.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  
Find more forums on NaturismCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Live Nude and Prosper"