<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  

Lost, now I am found!

December 12 2015 at 4:58 PM
No score for this post

Boyd Allen  (Login boydallen)
Owner

Hi everyone, I have been off line for a few months and just got back on again. I hope this finds everyone alive, well and in one piece.

Merry Christmas and a Happy Nude Year

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anudymous
(no login)

Re: Lost, now I am found!

No score for this post
December 20 2015, 4:13 PM 

Is there going to be a CNC again this year?

Ramblinman
(no login)

No score for this post
December 23 2015, 9:45 PM 

Boyd,

Glad you reconnected!
Let's hope better days are ahead for all of us.
With 2016 just days away, I am asking the Lord to provide our needs, equip us for service and glorify his name.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
December 24 2015, 7:51 PM 

We are planning on a new direction for 2016 but haven't planned it out yet. With my unemployment and several things hitting on me too much, I have not had much time or ability to plan out anything.

Prayers are appreciated because I feel I'm in a deep hole.

Ramblinman
(no login)

No score for this post
December 25 2015, 12:05 PM 

Boyd,

Joseph was in that same hole, betrayed by his own brothers
right before he was sold into slavery...
To a position of honor in the home of Pharaoh's chief executives...
Then falsely accused and thrown into prison awaiting a death sentence...
He helped a fellow prisoner out and he forgot to put in a good word for Joseph at first.
Then the Pharaoh needed a dream interpreted and...
The Royal Wine Taster remembered his forgotten friend in prison...
And Joseph rose to very high position in the kingdom...
And showed mercy to his wicked brothers...
And God blessed the entire Hebrew nation...
Through this man who was:
despised
enslaved
lied about
imprisoned
forgotten
restored
and honored!

Ramblinman
(no login)

No score for this post
December 29 2015, 6:06 AM 

http://www.christiannc.com/ is now a dead link.

If there is to be another Christian nudist convocation, it will need a functioning web site and someone with the time and resources to put one together. Typically we would start in earnest in January to promote a mid summer event.

Boyd, if your circumstances require that you take a break from running the whole show, it would not reflect negatively on you.
I too have been completely unable to do things that I used to do with a steady income.
No one should look for someone to blame.

We can pray for someone to emerge to take the helm and pray that all of us who need jobs find them, by God's grace.
I would start with a call to former CNC participants to step up to the plate and put something together.

Terry
(no login)

No score for this post
December 30 2015, 12:27 PM 

Hello back to you.
It has been an interesting year to put it mildly. I was unemployed for a year and finally found part time work overnights at Walmart. Not exactly a step up, but they hire most anybody. Older, in wheelchairs, deaf...whatever. Half or more working with me are Hispanic women who don't speak English, but we communicate somehow and all help each other out. Social Security helps to fill out the missing pay from part time work.

Our daughter lost her job packing and shipping medical electronic equipment, but that has worked out for the better. She moved back home and her unemployment helps pay the rent and bills.

We were forced to move a month ago and that was a nightmare. Our landlords are in their early 80's in failing health because of illness or auto accidents and had to take over the house we rented since its one story and no stairs. We found a new home 10 days before the deadline and then we still had so much to move we went over the move out date. After 17 years in that house its amazing how fast they turned on us and got mean when we needed some understanding. After being unemployed for so long we didn't build up savings and through the generosity of my wife's friends at her church we managed to find the finances to put down rent and security deposit money. I don't much care for churches, but the people in them will be there for you when life is at its darkest. The good news is that the guy who lived in the back house on the property had drug relapses and would not move out. He was a squatter who distracted the landlords from us for a bit. He is a sad case. His wife finally moved out and divorced him 6 months ago because she finally figured out he would never change. His 20 year old alcoholic son moved in, was kicked out and moved back in. When we finally got away they were entrenched and who knows what has happened to them. Now that we has finally left we realized how bad living there was for our health. Termite dust, minerals from the water pipes, no insulation, drafty doors and windows, dirt from an unfinished lawn and a demonic presence on the property all contributed to bad mental, physical and spiritual health. We do not even speak of the old property directly by name so we don't bring up anymore spiritual negativity.

Thanksgiving and Christmas have been very low key. I got an extra discount at Walmart for working Thanksgiving so we could buy a few needed items cheaper. Christmas gifts were very simple and inexpensive. We have most everything we need. so we don't get extravagant. We just need to move forward so we can pass along the wonderful spiritual gifts friends have given us through this times of turmoil and spiritual attack. Women at my wife's church helped not only with money, but labor as well. I realized that through all this NOT ONE person at my old job at the former Crystal Cathedral ever called or emailed to see how we were doing of ask if they could help. Once I was let go there it was like I never existed.

Sorry again for the long, rambling dissertation. Need to get going and continue to sort out boxes and get stuff all put away. This is going to take quite a while, but I'm sure we will be better after cleaning out our lives a bit.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
December 31 2015, 7:44 AM 

I am so happy to hear from you Terry. I don't mind the long post, we needed to catch up.
I didn't realize your old house was that bad. But I am very glad you are out of there and in a better place. I am out of work as well, but I do have a sales position for in home demonstrations, but my car is broke down. I am behind on payments and want to keep the car, but afraid it might be towed away. So I ask for prayers that we keep this car (Subaru Forester) and get it fixed. $2000 will catch me up on payments, get it running again, reinspected and new tag (expires in January).

As for the CNC (responding to Ramblinman), we will be making some new plans this January. I know it is late for the CNC planning, but we had to make some changes. I am not going to ask someone else to take this on because Alan Parker (Pastor at White Tail Resort, VA) wanted to work with us first. Alan is the one who started the CNC and gave it us. He said if we had to shut down or my wife and I decided to stop, then we needed to give the CNC back to him.

In the mean time, the leadership will be getting together for a personal ministry time so we can grow, heal and become stronger. That way we can be better at what we do when we do have a CNC event.

Ramblinman
(no login)

Letting go

No score for this post
January 1 2016, 6:36 AM 

Boyd,

Last year I learned to let go of a lot of things that I didn't really need. Subscriptions to this and that, too much volunteer work all over town (still do some, but more within my budget).

I don't even have a car anymore. I borrow one as needed for running errands and working odd jobs to keep the lights on.

I hope that when I get rich again, that I will still be almost as thrifty as I am now.
No matter how much money you make, it is possible to spend it all and be just as broke as someone with no income at all.

I will pray that you can get your car fixed and tagged and gassed up because unless God leads otherwise, taking care of what you've got makes sense, particularly if it can make more money for your family than the upkeep on it requires (if not now, then eventually).

Have a happy and blessed 2016.

Terry
(no login)

I Understand

No score for this post
January 2 2016, 11:18 AM 

I never wanted to leave the old home because of the great neighborhood and closeness to everything. Even though some neighbors were rather aloof, a few more were nice and friendly. I guess we never realized how bad it was living there till we left. Like the old say, "I never knew how bad it was till I found something better." We had the termite dust, dirt, deteriorating infrastructure and addict neighbors on the back half of the property. They were just a bad spiritual force and had demons in them from the start. All of their family members had some sort of addiction problem, their friends were in recovery and they all thought the same way. Never any consideration for anyone else. This move has forced us to clean out and simplify our lives. Many, many items are going to the monthly flea market with us to be sold given to friends or off to the Salvation Army. We are saving a bit of money. We cancelled our land line phone and Internet when we moved. We never had cable since the antenna worked so well. Ironically, while trying to decide what to do about Internet the modular home park was finishing the construction of the fiber optic lines for Time Warner and the owner announced to everyone that she would be paying for ALL the Internet connections.

I understand about car problems. The check engine light went on in our car some years ago and we drove it illegally for a year since I couldn't afford to have it diagnosed, fixed and get it smog checked. Then it sat in the garage for four years waiting for me to accumulate the money and we biked or used our daughter's car. I would start it every few days to keep it running and finally we were led to a couple of thousand dollars to have it all fixed, smogged and stickered legally. Same with our daughter's car. I found a repair shop that is unbelievably honest and competent. It all seemed to fall into place when we needed everything at the right time.

I feel all I can do for you right now is openly pray for you to be led to the money you need to fix your car. Lord, lead Boyd to the money he and his family need according to your will. Bring him what he needs at the right time and lift him up. The CNC sounds like a good ministry and I would hope and pray you can be led to whatever it takes to keep it going as well.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

Re: I Understand

No score for this post
January 8 2016, 9:31 PM 

I am glad you are out of that situation.

And thank you for your prayers on our behalf!
I thought by now my car would be towed due to being behind on payments. But it's still out there.
I will need to get it inspected this month and my tag renewed. If I have a car with out dated tags in our parking lot, they will have it towed.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  
Find more forums on NaturismCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Live Nude and Prosper"