<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  

How Is Everyone?

April 22 2016 at 6:21 PM
No score for this post
Terry  (no login)

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter.
We were forced to move and it was a nightmare, but in the end we realize what a blessing it has been. No more trauma with landlords randomly grousing about something. No more dust and dirt seeping in the old, wooden windows from winds and the total lack of a lawn. No more addicts on the back half of the property making noise and blocking the drive constantly with their friends and family. We have one more bedroom and bathroom in a nice modular home community. Costs more, but we're making it work out.
I have decreed to my family that for one year from the time we moved in it will be a year of , "New." Every event or holiday will be new for us in our new home. Each and everyone a celebration.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ramlbinman
(no login)

Re: How Is Everyone?

No score for this post
April 25 2016, 7:36 PM 

Terry, that is answered prayer!
You spend so much energy enduring that old place.
Now that energy can be channeled toward making a better live for your family and perhaps service to one or two good causes, as the Lord leads.

I am in good health, keeping my weight down by eating right and getting more exercise too.
Feeling better as a result.

Work was slow over the winter and I must admit I got a bit discouraged, but I got tired of being discouraged and started drumming up more work.

I hope others will see this forum waking up again and contribute their own thoughts...

Terry
(no login)

No score for this post
April 29 2016, 4:32 PM 

Yes, it is answered prayer, but when the moving deadline looms and you're sweating you always wonder if you made the right choices and if God is with you in this event. I guess he was.
The former landlords had offered us one of their other properties out of seven they own. It also had two houses on a lot, a quiet guy in back and basically the same space. There was a large garage, but we couldn't use all of it since Mr. Landlord stored some of his junk in there using up like 20 square feet of space. Not much, but when we rent, we rent the whole property. Plus, they had a real bad dislike of cats and pets. We did go and look at the property where a woman and her teen daughter lived and were moving out. The first one to greet us at the door was a beautiful white cat. It was agony not to bring up the subject. Later on I felt we should have taken it and just hidden our daughter's cat till we could move again in a year. Wifey said NO. She kept searching and we found our current place after our financials were scrutinized and they finished redecorating the mobile home. Ironically, our landlords were really mad at us because we had to move out past our due date by about 10 days. They conveniently forgot that we were held up from moving into their place by 6 weeks since Mr. Landlord kept stalling on painting the place. Ironic, the selective memory we all have.

It was agony, but I know now after the fact that wifey made the right choice and we found the right place. Working nights with two bathrooms I can simply roll out of bed and use the toilet when sleeping and not have to worry about a traffic jam in there. We also don't have the landlords coming around snooping and bitching about every little thing. When the wife of the crack addict lived in back she ALWAYS inconvenienced us, but we were always the ones at fault. We have left that all behind and I have to keep my faith strong so can be reminded that I'm headed for better things. I still get bad voices in my head telling me what a failure I am.

Ramblinman
(no login)

No score for this post
April 30 2016, 3:35 PM 

Terry,
Jacob had his uncle Laban to contend with, the worst landlord in the Bible.
God blessed him in spite of these selfish Syrians and Jacob and his family returned to the Promised Land.
Of course he was heading right back to the unresolved conflict with his brother Esau...
But God took care of that too!
Bless you and Mrs. T.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
May 12 2016, 4:14 AM 

Hi Terry,
It is great to hear from you again! I am so glad you got out of that miserable condition. I know it is frustrating and that "feeling stuck" sense I'm sure you were going through. Currently, we are still living in the apartment in Aurora, but it isn't all that bad. Neighbors come and go, some stay on.
I lost my car to a repossession due to being out of work for a long time. I keep filling our and trying out for great positions, but it keeps falling through. The older I get, the harder it is. My teeth are falling out and in such bad condition, that the only option I have left is to remove them all and get falsies. One of my worst nightmares. It will take months of work and thousands of dollars and no insurance.

But my wife has a good job working through a contract company. She is being prepped to be hired on permanently by the company, but they are slow about it. Still not sure what they will offer her. But she is very happy with the company and is not pressuring me about my job situation. She is more concerned about my health. High blood pressure is also a problem.

The CNC has slowed down to a halt, and we are not having an event this year. Too many things going on by too many of our members. And we just can't afford to go this year ourselves. God is planning something for us, but we have no idea what.

Trying to be like the Apostle Paul, taking what comes and being appreciative of where we are at now.

Thanks for posting here and letting us know what is going on in your life. God bless you and your family, and may your first year be full of new memories!

Ramblinman
(no login)

Untitled

No score for this post
May 19 2016, 1:00 PM 

There are clinics that will work with you.

Low income dental care referral list for Denver:
http://www.mddsdentist.com/public-resources/low-income-dental-referrals/

One example:
Denver Health Center Inner City Health Center
Uninsured patients are charged on a sliding fee schedule based on income and number of people residing in a household.

Dental Services: Provides cleanings, fillings, crowns, bridges, dentures, and extractions.
They provide dental services at their main location: 3800 York Street and at New Hope dental located at: 4200 West Conejos Place.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  
Find more forums on NaturismCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Live Nude and Prosper"