<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  

Closing Letter for CNC

May 21 2016 at 9:36 AM
No score for this post

Boyd Allen  (Login boydallen)
Owner

Dear Friends and Family of the Christian Nudist Community

Since 2005, we were given the task and honor of carrying out a group called Christian Nudist Convocation, or CNC. This ministry has taken us to several resorts and brought a lot of people together, but also helped encourage other groups to start at resorts and online. In all, it was very successful, and a lot of fun.

But if anyone has worked in groups like this, especially in Church, knows they have a beginning, middle, and an end.

The last two years has been opening our eyes to the fact that we may have come to an end. Of course, they were good events, but we saw the handwriting on the wall. It took me a long time to admit this.

The leadership team got together on Saturday, 5/21 9AM eastern, via Skype, to talk about this. We have decided that CNC, while we still have a good reputation with the clubs and AANR, must come to an end. We are giving this back to Allen Parker who is the pastor of White Tail Resort in Ivor VA and also one of the founders of CNC. He gave this to us with the provision that if we decided to end this, to not give this to anyone else, but back to him. So we honor that request and it is now back in the hands of Allen Parker.

With many thanks to our Leadership Team, volunteers, supporters: financially, physically and prayerfully, as well as to the resorts we visited, we now move on.

The CNC Logo did not come with the program; it was designed by me later on. It is based on a design which has a much further reach than just CNC. So I am keeping that design – minus the CNC acronym – but if Allen Parker wants to use it, he can with our permission.

The CNK (Christian Nudist Kids) is also ours. It was created in response to the kids wanting their own ministry and mission. That too will be kept, but worked with in a different way.

Having said that, we are not gone. Nope. We are continuing our personal ministries and continuing to meet as often as we can. I still have my old BACN Forum I started back in 2000.http://www.network54.com/Forum/83405 (this site you are on now).

I also have my blog page ahttp://chrisitannaturism.blogspot.com as well ahttp://bacn.bravesites.com

Also our presence on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/boyd.allen.98

We are just beginning, and with CNC set aside, that will free us up for other upcoming and existing ministries we can be a part of. And I hope you all will join us or others, or even start your own. I am very excited about encouraging and helping others start In-Home study groups, as you know I have talked about in the past.

If you are interested in starting an In-Home Study Group for naturists, please contact me at boydallen@yahoo.com or ask to be on a Private Facebook page for this purpose. Because of it's privacy setting, you will have to connect with me on Facebook to have an invitation sent.https://www.facebook.com/boyd.allen.98

Keep an eye on Allen Parker and any ministries he is planning to start soon.

Also keep the Garden of Eden Church at Lake Como Resort in Florida in mindhttp://www.gardenofedenchurch.org/

Cameron Bennett, one of our board members, is starting a new ministry called Christian Nudist Association, based at Rock Haven Resort in Tennessee. He plans to have a gathering there the first weekend of June 2016. camscorner429@yahoo.com

There is a church at White Tail Resort, Lake Como, and Oak Lake Trails (Oklahoma) that is going strong. Of course, all clothing optional.

There is a group called North Texas Christian Naturists who meets often at Blue Bonnet Resort in Texas.

There is much more going on, so feel free to ask questions and follow up.

Blessings to everyone, may you grow in the grace of love of our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Boyd Allen
boydallen@yahoo.com

This message has been edited by boydallen on Jun 4, 2016 3:49 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ramblinman
(no login)

Re: Closing Letter for CNC

No score for this post
May 23 2016, 7:56 AM 

Boyd,
Thanks for the work that you and your wife did with CNC for many years.
I certainly would not assume that gatherings of Christian nudists needs to come to an end, but if the leadership passes to different hands, then this transition can be thought of as merely passing a baton in a relay race, the next runner carries it on!

Allen did a good job when he was overseeing things and you helped it grow.
I hope folks will rise up to help him shoulder the work.

Be sure to ask for help with your new ventures too!
Even if the leader can do things better, it is important to train others to learn and share in the work, even if they will make mistakes until they mature in the job.

God bless you and your family as you continue to serve in other capacities.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
May 24 2016, 6:02 AM 

Thank you Ramblinman,

I did train people and asked for help, but it was a struggle to keep consistent help. But those who did help consistently, were priceless. It was hard to tell them.

The CNC went back to Allen Parker. He will most likely put it rest.

Others will come along (as well as myself) with new and similar programs.

Ramblinman
(no login)

No score for this post
May 24 2016, 8:44 AM 

As great as the convocations were with the worship services and lessons and reserved meeting spaces, it does take a lot of work behind the scenes to put it together.

Do we miss a blessing simply by saying that if we can't have all the bells and whistles, we won't have Christian fellowship at all?
It could be as simple as a few families and individuals agreeing to visit a naturist resort on the same weekend, sunning, swimming, gathering to pray around the campfire or hot tub if a meeting room is not possible.
No, that's not a convocation, but if we create a bond of real world friendship and pray for one another, it is a worthy achievement for our families.
Could something come from it? Seems likely!

Boyd
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
May 29 2016, 12:21 PM 

We are not finished yet!
I don't see you on Facebook, but I have started a Private Bible Study Group on Facebook to help encourage Christian Nudists to start bible study groups in their respective homes or resorts. Then maybe we can get together when sufficient groups and support is there.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  
Find more forums on NaturismCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Live Nude and Prosper"