<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  

I'm back, somewhat

June 23 2016 at 4:05 PM
No score for this post

Greg  (Login gregpc)

Hello everyone,

Greg Cook here. It's been a long time but I am back. Well, to some degree. That is, I am unsure to what extent, but I am testing the waters. I made the mistake of trying to go against my own personal convictions concerning nudity and that had a very damaging affect on me. I found it impossible to live against my convictions. I ended up deeply depressed and confused with conflicting views desiring to enjoy being nude but feeling bad about it. Jesus said, a house divided will not stand and James says, a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways. I learned it the hard way. happy.gif So I am making the effort to come back to my senses and back to a healthier view of nudity again and reconcile myself to the truth. I will say that I may have been out of balance with nudity too as I really ran with it. I see that now and so I am learning balance to be led of the Spirit more in this and to rest in God. Anyway, I thought I might drop in an briefly say hello. It looks like things are going well. I am happy to see CNC is prospering. I wish I could have continued to be a part of that. I wish more that I could have joined you all. Maybe one day. For now, I am just getting back to feeling good about nudity.

Greg

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Terry
(no login)

Re: I'm back, somewhat

No score for this post
June 24 2016, 8:28 AM 

Nice to see you back and contributing a bit here.
I'm sure many people have conflicting views on nudity. The evils of it have been drilled into them for years by controlling religious people. I, personally, realized many years ago that nudity, like sex, is a gift and that using that gift honors Him.
Besides, I never got a receipt for the gift and I wouldn't know where to return it...LOL!

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
June 24 2016, 4:59 PM 

I like your thought on this. No receipt for the gift God has given us! So how can we return it?

Greg
(Login gregpc)

No score for this post
June 24 2016, 6:36 PM 

Returning to it means that I am actively involving myself in it again. I have actually not even gone nude at all which has been hard. When I tried taking photos recently my wife even commented on it that she would not support it. I felt this would help me feel comfortable with me again and what I prefer so I disregarded her comments.

Greg
(Login gregpc)

No score for this post
June 24 2016, 6:49 PM 

Thank you Terry! It feels good to come back to something healthy. The "conflict" was something I overcome long, long ago but through a serious of bad events, I got over into depression and began to listen to the many voices of others who had spoken into my life from their faulty, fearful and negative views, especially my wife who, when we married, feared to undress even in front of me. She had to have the light out. I was totally comfortable with me and could be nude without concern. In fact, I noted how my son, 24, walked into my bedroom this week while I was naked and it wasn't even an issue. It was as if I were fully clothed. That's how it should be. That's how it was until I got depressed and began seeing things negatively like everyone else. I seemed to actually go backwards and to the point that I would even feel sick if I saw someone naked or wanted to be naked myself. That was bad. I went back and forth for a long time. I want this but it's bad now. I finally decided to make up my mind what was true and stand on it, and so here I am. happy.gif

I agree that this is a gift without receipt. Romans 11:29 says, "God's gifts and his call are irrevocable." happy.gif He doesn't apologize for His gifts or make us give them back. Thank you for reminding me that this really is a gift. Every good and perfect gift is from God. James 1:17 And He richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 1 Timothy 6:17

Terry
(no login)

No score for this post
June 25 2016, 12:22 PM 

"I agree that this is a gift without receipt. Romans 11:29 says, "God's gifts and his call are irrevocable." He doesn't apologize for His gifts or make us give them back. Thank you for reminding me that this really is a gift."

Even though I had gotten married I still felt a bit hesitant about sexual activity. Then I realized one day that God says its O.K.. Go for it and I did...LOL. We have had lots of fun over the past 35 years because of how we used that gift. I've always felt it was the same with nudism. How you use it will affect whether its right or wrong. Some use it for swinging and others of us simply enjoy life nude and socializing with others. After my wife realized that nudity was used for innocent reasons she hopped on board, too. She has also stated that there is nothing in the Bible against nudity or condemning it. After that she has freely enjoyed it.

Greg
(Login gregpc)

No score for this post
June 25 2016, 5:33 PM 

Terry,

Right on! You said, "How you use it will affect whether its right or wrong." That's Romans 14:14. "Nothing is unclean OF ITSELF." It's your motive and how you use it that makes it right or wrong. This is true for most things of course. You could use money to feed the hungry or feed your selfish greedy interests. You could use a car to get from one place to another or to run someone over. lol You could use clothes to keep warm or to be provocative. wink.gif On and on we can go.

In my case, I simply loved being naked. It was not sexual and definitely not for swinging which I hate. I simply preferred no clothes even to socialize. As for my wife, she had a bad childhood. I won't go into details on a public forum but it ruined her to the idea that nudity, any form of nudity, could be healthy. As I said, she would not even undress in front me initially even though we were married. Even today, she commented about how she dreamed how she saw that a relative's daughters wore dresses without panties and it upset and offended her. I understand her concern and likely would not allow any daughter of mine to do this, but at the same time, there is no need to get offended and upset. After all, they're children and by focusing on perversion and on what others might think, you are actually empowering it and make it into perversion. The Bible says, as a man thinks in his heart, so is he, and so if you think of it in a perverse way, it is perverse.

As for what the Bible says, my wife has debated. She doesn't know the Bible well enough to know whether it is for or against or neutral but is bent toward seeing it as wrong, sinful and sexual, regardless. She might even consider my simply being nude around another female akin to cheating.

It's been a tough road for me because of her bent toward a sin consciousness and it has done damage to me by getting me to focus on things I never would have considered before. I'm trying to get back to a healthier view of the matter, the one I had before, which was truly much healthier.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
June 24 2016, 4:58 PM 

Welcome back! I didn't know you left, but welcome back anyway!

I know personally since I accepted naturism and allowed myself to not only relax in it, but to insist on living this way, I have been much happier. I am not frustrated and can wear clothing knowing that I can be nude any time at home or where ever naturism is allowed without fear or judgement. It is no longer a concern. In fact, I am actively looking for land and home where we can live nude with no concerns or rejections by the neighbors.
AS for CNC, unfortunately, we were put in a position to close it. It was given to us on the condition where if we feel we can no longer lead the group, we will give it back to the original founders, who is Allen Parker and his associates at White Tail Resort in VA.

Since we have been struggling here in Colorado for nearly five years, we found it has been very difficult to keep what could have been a large national group. It is also hard to keep it a small group with so many scattered across the county. So while we still have our good reputation, we decided to close it.

But all is well. We feel God will lead us in a new direction, and we hope people like you and Terry and others who have supported or wanted to support and attend, will join God in whatever mission He has in mind for us to participate in.

Live Nude and Prosper,

Greg
(Login gregpc)

No score for this post
June 24 2016, 6:32 PM 

Boyd, I left in terms of not pursuing it as I was doing. I basically deleted my website (which is actually still online), all my photos, articles, etc, threw away my magazines, unsubscribed from sites, etc, and remained clothed when I preferred to be naked. I gave in to my wife seeking to live by HER scewed and unhealthy convictions. It turns out that was extremely dangerous for me as it made me doubleminded and made me feel bad about myself for preferring nudity and enjoying it. I'm trying to destroy that dissonance now and go back to a healthier view on things again.

Sorry about CNC but if God is in it, which I believe He is, it will continue to grow.

As for you, God is with you and bless you. I have continued to pray for you and Gwin daily. I release divine provision to you daily.

Greg
(Login gregpc)

No score for this post
June 24 2016, 6:51 PM 

Boyd, my web site is still online if you want to update the links on your web page. It's not on Geocities any more. That web provider died but another site copied all those sites to another provider. It's now at:http://www.geocities.ws/greg_pc/

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
July 1 2016, 9:25 AM 

I did notice you were not online for a while, but a lot of people do that, so I didn't make much of it. But now that you explained everything, I'm glad you are back. I know I get frustrated and not very happy when I'm forced to be clothed for long periods of time. We have to live in our convictions and beliefs without destroying the other person involved in our lives. Apparently, truth is not something many want to live by anymore.

There is a prayer we had one time which I used on occasion. "Lord, may our nudity be seen both those who understand and not be seen by those who don't"

This prayer is to help those who do accidentally or purposefully, see us nude and have a right attitude about it, even if they don't participate or fully understand. It is also a prayer that those who cannot or will not understand, and have the wrong attitude about it, or be hurt by it, not not see us accidentally or purposefully, even when we are nude in otherwise clothed places. If someone drives by my house and may accidentally see me nude in my backyard, they may or may not really see us since they are in that place where the prayer implies.

Pretty much like the speaking in tongues. It was in the hearing more so than in the speaking. Those who have ears to hear (eyes to see), let them hear (or see). Otherwise, may they be blind to our naturism and "look the other way".

Anudymous
(Login gregpc)

No score for this post
July 1 2016, 4:00 PM 

Yeah, I discovered that trying to live by another's convictions does not work. lol I got very confused as I really began to think strangely and in ways I never did before. I am discovering how true what Jesus said is. He said, "Seek and you will find." I understand now that what you seek, you will find. If you are looking for nudity to be a certain way, guess what? By your looking for it to be that way, you make it that way. If you see it as sexual, unwholesome, inappropriate, etc, then of course it will be. Likewise, if you see it as non-sexual, wholesome, appropriate, etc, then it will be that too because you are the one determining the context of it. It's like I wrote on my web page. You can use money to buy food for your hungry belly or you can use it to buy illegal drugs. You can use a car to get you to where you need to go or you can use it to run someone over. You decide. happy.gif

I'm trying to get back into it but I did begin to see it as bad like the rest of the world and I am struggling to overcome feeling bad for feeling good about nudity. My wife is not helping here as she still wants nothing to do with it and sees it as inappropriate. She seems to think merely seeing nudity or being seen is evil. That prayer you mentioned is a good one. I remember it well and have prayed it. When it comes to her though, I am unsure how to deal with it exactly because she is so adamant and staunch about it.

Recently, she questioned me up and down about sharing nude photos with others as this is a real issue for her. I haven't but don't have any issues with so doing and would love to be able to. One friend said, "It's your body, right? You decide what you do with it." Unfortunately, I cannot support that idea scripturally as 1 Cor 7:4 says "The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife." So I've tried to reconcile this with my convictions. To what extent can I go? For her, it seems that if I pursued this too aggressively it could even be a deal breaker for her. At the same time, any nudity, even just simply being nude, is inappropriate to her. So for now, it's just general conversation on the message boards and reading up again on various naturist material to re-acclimate my mind to the truth.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
July 1 2016, 6:05 PM 

As for sharing photos, I would probably just avoid that. It isn't really necessary to show your nude body if not needed. I don't need to see your body, and I doubt you really want to see mine. For now, just keep it simple, don't stress over having to be somewhere or do something. If you can find a place and time for naturist relaxing, then do so, otherwise, just get back into it slowly. Keep writing your thoughts, keep asking questions and be there for others. If someone insist you show photos, just let them know that you don't feel the need to share photos, especially on the internet where others can pick it up without permission. The more they keep asking for them, the more likely they just want something to gawk at or worse.

I won't ask for your photos and I never really have asked others. I let them know I do have them on a website or on a forum, but I just don't share them with anyone. The photos I put out there have a purpose and is accessed by those I know...somewhat. However, if you do want to share them with me, that is up to you and in your time and you know they will be protected. Otherwise, just keep them.

Be at peace, pray, study, and continue our discussion here until you are ready to branch out again.

Greg
(Login gregpc)

No score for this post
July 1 2016, 6:47 PM 

Boyd, I wasn't sharing photos and didn't really have any specific agenda concerning it (whether to or not to) but as she has major issues with sharing nude photos (nudity in general), she included this in her run down of questioning about my return. Because it's her issue, she felt the need to address it and insure that I don't do it.

While I wasn't explicitly looking to share photos, I had prayed and thought about whether or not I should as it should not be an issue and is not something she should have a say in -- unless of course, I was being ignorant about it or sharing with other females in an inappropriate way. It should really be a moot point. She should not feel threatened by it or feel the need to control me.

Either way, I did plan to avoid it aside from maybe using one as an "avatar" on the message boards to show that I am real. In fact, someone already challenged me on this, saying that they felt my presence, as a single male, might be inappropriate, especially if I could not be nude, too. But as I explained to them, naturism isn't simply about being nude but about a state of mind and conviction about the body and need for clothes. It's not merely what we do but part of who we are.

I would not expect anyone here to ask for nude photos. The only reason I mentioned it was to show the challenge I face as my wife seeks to control it all. She was the one who brought up the subject of nude photos, not me. As it is, all the nude photos I have are the few that survived my rejecting nudism. I did produce a few recent ones but I had no real intention of sharing them especially as they'd all be posed which I hate seeing on naturist sites (I prefer to see people in action, engaged in activity and that is true regardless of state of dress).

Thank you for encouraging me.

Greg
(Login gregpc)

No score for this post
July 2 2016, 12:14 PM 

Boyd, which groups or message boards or forums, etc are you subscribed too? I would like to participate in other such places in a limited manner. I found out that I had never unsubscribed from some and still had access to them and I am posting there as I can. I emailed you about this, too.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
July 9 2016, 9:37 AM 

Lately, I've been on Facebook. Make sure we got your FB account connected and I can subscribe you to a couple of my private boards. "Nudist In-Home Bible Study and our local group Believers Naturally, both are set to Private so your non nudist friends can't see them unless they are subscribed to them, which is extremely unlikely. Once you are connected to me on FB, then I can add you to those groups.

Of course, I still have my Christian Naturism Blog athttp://christiannaturism.blogspot.com/ which you can comment on any time.

Greg
(Login gregpc)

No score for this post
July 9 2016, 11:43 AM 

I sent you a friend request. I also emailed you a couple times to explain things a bit more. My goal is to reconnect but keep my involvement in naturism minimal -- enough to keep me focused on the truth, for "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free." happy.gif I have been walking in lies for a long time now, listening to others rather than my own convictions. It has been very damaging for me.

Boyd Allen
(Login boydallen)
Owner

No score for this post
July 10 2016, 4:47 PM 

You are now at the place (among others) for healing.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  
Find more forums on NaturismCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Live Nude and Prosper"