Return to Index  

Rainbow Falls (Off Serpentine Road) r/o

February 11 2003 at 7:13 AM

ColoradoGuy  (Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +
from IP address 207.221.60.178

Here's my pictorial of Rainbow Falls...
http://www.stevegarufi.com/rainbowfalls.htm

Just curious, how many of you have actually seen Rainbow Falls off Serpentine Road? It's a really beautiful waterfall, but unfortunately, a few idiot engineers in the 1940's decided to build a huge bridge that travels directly over it. In the old days, guests at the Cliff House could take a burro ride up Manitou Avenue to visit the beauitful falls ... have things changed!

Now the area is most popular for adventurous teenagers with spray cans and other young gangsters. Call me an idealist, but I envision a beautiful park in that area with more historical signs talking about Ute Pass, some kind of well-manicured land and YES, the removal of that hideous bridge that tramples on the dignity of Rainbow Falls. (People needing to go westbound on Route 24 can take Serpentine Road.)

I ask, when is this community going to take back our local environment?

Someday...

Love, Steve

P.S. FYI - That Rainbow Falls area is actually just outside of Manitou Springs city border and is officially unincorporated El Paso county. It is owned privately, from what I hear, by a company in Denver.

Hey! That's me below!

This message has been edited by stevegarufi from IP address 207.221.37.144 on Apr 28, 2003 8:57 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement