Return to Index  

My choices for best Manitou restaurants...

February 16 2003 at 7:55 PM

ColoradoGuy  (Login kisscactus)
+ Accepted Members +
from IP address 207.221.48.190

Response to Best Restaurants in Manitou Springs...

Okay, here are my choices. For some of these, it was really difficult to decide, so what I did last night in bed was ... I let the first restaurant that came to mind be the winner, instead of overanalyzing all the restaurants.

Nicest Place to Impress a Date

Adam's Mountain Cafe - The ambiance is delightful! The food has a gourmet-ish flare to it that's just a cut above!

The Best Among the "Ritzy" Ones

Briarhurst Inn - Oh they're so proper and formal there! The old home that you'll dine in is an experience in itself. The Cliff House Restaurant, the Craftwood Inn and the Mona Lisa are all pretty darn good too!

Best Place to Hang Out

Spice of Life Cafe - Oh you knew this was coming! What can I say? It's where all the locals hangout. Good coffee and drinks. Plenty on nice snacks. Right in the heart of downtown. This is definitely NOT Starbucks, people!

Tastiest/Best Food

Stagecoach Inn - Holy Goats Milk! Everytime I go there I am BLOWN AWAY by their food. Their buffalo is scrumptious. Everything is just wonderful there!

Most Overrated Establishment

The Organic Cafe - This place is WAY OVERPRICED! I think I paid nearly $5 for an average sized portion of soy bean ice cream. And I think it was $3 or $4 dollars for a coffee! Yeesh! Sure, if you're a hardcore vegan, this is a cool place, but uhhhhhh...

Most Underrated Establishment

Tajine Alami - I've never eaten there, but here's why it wins this category: Everyone tells me how great it is there and yet I'm too ambivalent to actually try it. Maybe I'm intimidated my Moroccan food. Maybe it's the idea of sitting on a floor with a pillow. Hmmmmmmmm... but for what it's worth, everyone I know loves in there!

There you go! What are YOUR favorite restaurants?

Love, Steve

Heh heh! I love this picture...

This message has been edited by kisscactus from IP address 207.221.48.190 on Feb 16, 2003 7:59 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement