Return to Index  

Thanks guys...I STILL have one concern....

February 7 2005 at 11:38 AM
Jermaine  (Login JermaineArt)
Accepted Members
from IP address 69.151.204.49

Response to HOUSTON to MANITOU move

Thanks all of you...thats what I needed.
See...I know those things but I forget them. Thanks to all of you.
Ive lived in NYC, Seattle...and Houston (where I was born and raised)...so Manitou will be the smallest community Ive ever lived in...but thats a big reason why Im going there. We want to raise our daughter somewhere open-minded...and outdoorsy. In Houston, as stated, youll either collapase from the suffocating heat, or breathe in lots of debilitating air...its just no good. Food tho...yea...Im going to miss it. Laura mentioned GOODE CO.: was just there last week. Dave mentioned STARS PIZZA...oh man! Good stuff. But I agree, MARILYNS is good: I ate there while visiting last time. Kind of nice eating good food with eye-candy (Marilyn!) all around you.

One concern tho...
Does that VERY right-wing spirit creep into Manitou...ever? I mean...I know that FOCUS ON THE FAMILY group is centered up there. I dont know why, but I still get really uneasy when I think about the whole liberal attitude that WE have...and the ultra-conservative folks up in that area. That, along with the whole interracial thing I got going on with my wife...yea, I know its been discussed here...but it all just rolls up in to one big ball of CONSERVATISM that scares me. ANd yet...when Im there...I dont SEE it...I mean, I dont see any visible narrowing of ones rights...even in Co. Springs. But you usually dont ever SEE it these days. It flows through the cracks and crevasses...like poison gas. You smell it...but you cant see it.

So, Im worrying WAY too much about that aspect...right?

'Ruining Your Favorite Band's Image...Since 1995'
http://www.JermaineRogers.com

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement