Return to Index  

Hiya Avaria - Welcome to the web site! :) ... r/o

October 19 2005 at 10:53 AM

ColoradoGuy! :)  (Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +
from IP address 4.228.84.118

Response to Thinking about moving to Manitou Springs....

Okay, I'll answer your questions and make my comments as best as I can:

"My husband and I moved to Boulder about a year ago....
It hasn't really lived up to our expectations."

Interesting. I'd like to learn about your experience in Boulder. What exactly were your expectations and how has living in Boulder not met them? (I apologize if I sound like a therapist. That's my job in real life.)

"He is a alternative health cCare provider - and we have a 3 year lease on our office, so we are not going anyplace soon - unless we sell his practice.

But I am going to school to be an acupuncturist - so we have to stay here another 3 years for that anyway."

You know, my gutt would say you're going to eventually come to love Boulder. I don't mean to sound cynical, but keep visiting the sprawling and impersonal suburbs of Denver on a regular basis and I think that'll help you appreciate Boulder more. And man! You're just so close to the mountains and lots of cultural stuff and great restaurants and the college scene ... Hmmmmm! Maybe ((( I ))) should move to Boulder someday!

"So we are starting to look around, and Manitou Springs seems like a wonderful place. I was wondering if you had any feed back about alternative medicine in Manitou? In Boulder its HUGE - but with that comes thousands of alternative healers - so the market is saturated."

Occasionally, I've heard people call Manitou Springs a "mini-Boulder". It really is just a small town of 5,000 people adjacent to Colorado Springs. I doubt the alternative medicine market is as saturated as Boulder, and I would say if you're truly good at what you do, your business will flourish here!

"Also - does the ultra-concervative feel of Colordo Springs make its way into Manitou? I'm pretty liberal - so a place like CC would never make me happy.

Well, it depends. This is a tough question actually, and I'm not sure how to answer it. I don't think the "ultra conservative feel" of Colorado Springs rubs off that much in Manitou Springs, but perhaps others have a different perspective.

Avaria, I'm glad you found my forum. I run this web site and I've lived in Manitou Springs from 2001-2005. Before that, I was just over in Colorado Springs from 1997-2001. At the end of the month, I'm personally moving out to Buena Vista, but it's not because I don't like Manitou Springs anymore. It's just time to move on.

Anyway, if you have follow-up questions or comments, please feel free to post them! Myself and other regular visitors know Manitou Springs pretty well and we'd love to help you in any way we can.

-Steve

Please support my sponsors! They help cover the costs of running this web site!
  • High Rise Coffee Roasters
  • The Homestead Restaurant (Florence, CO)
  • Journey of Hope Counseling
  • Knot Works Furniture Repair & Upholstery
  • Your Ideal Travel Agency
  • Get a cool ColoradoGuy stuff! (Get a rockin' ColoradoGuy t-shirt for $14.99!)

•     
    This message has been edited by stevegarufi from IP address 4.228.84.118 on Oct 19, 2005 10:56 AM

Respond to this message   
    Responses

Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement