Return to Index  

Best Restaurants revisited..

August 19 2006 at 11:35 AM
Kit from Ned's  (Login sagiquarius)
from IP address 71.34.140.17

Response to Best Restaurants in Manitou Springs...

Since these threads are so ancient (and some of the restaurants don't even exist anymore, like Organic Cafe), I thought I'd revive it...

- Nicest place to impress a date
Blue Vervain - romantic, cozy, FABULOUS food (it's fun to order all the appetizers and pretend it's tapas, since there's no tapas place in Manitou, hint, hint). Beautiful "artisan" cocktails too.

- The best among the "ritzy" ones
Cliff House has good food, but overly snooty sommeliers. I prefer to have a drink on it's veranda before eating somewhere else. Fois gras was amazing, though.

- Best place to "hang out"
I'm, of course, biased towards Ned's; but come on - free wi-fi, High-Times, endless coffee refills and geat tunes...it just screams "hang out'.

- Tastiest/Best food
Blue Vervain. Seriously. Go there.

- Most overrated establishment
I'm going to say the Loop, although I do love it. But when considering that it's just mediocre mexican, you have to concede that the local raves are partly fueled by the enormous margaritas.

- Most underrated establishment
Mo's. Not exactlty "The Best Food In Town" as the sign claims, but really cute and yummy - especially when you want a Bloody Mary with breakfast after hiking. Also - China China is suprisingly great Chinese (and I've had Chinese in SF, LA and, oh - China).

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement