Return to Index  

Re: I'm sure you'll do alright, Jermaine...

August 24 2006 at 4:13 PM
Anonymous  (Login JermaineArt)
Accepted Members
from IP address 70.132.133.251

Response to I'm sure you'll do alright, Jermaine...

Thanks Steve...

I'll definitely check with this place when Im in town...Ill walk right in the door and say you sent me.

Here's another question for you...or anyone else who live(d)(s) in Manitou...

OK, Iam an artist. I know everyone talks about an 'artists community' in Manitou. I've actually visited some of the co-ops there when Ive visited in the past.
I love the artwork...but it's not particularly what 'I' do. I don't do a lot of nature or landscapes or Native American stuff, tho I dig it all. My stuff is a yarn more 'alternative'...for lack of a better word. My following is primarily among the 'new look' noveau pop art, low-brow communities...and I dont think many of them live in Manitou. This is very cool, actually...since a big part of this move is a big decision to get 'lost'. Ive kinda done the whole art/rock 'thing for the last decade...and still will...albeit from afar. As Don Mclean said once in a song, 'Im bowing out: I need a second chance'.
I want to just get lost in my family and in the area Ive loved since I was 10 years old and used to visit on summer vacation. I want my daughter to grow up around that magic...and feel 4 actual seasons constantly swirling around her throughout the year. I want her to know what its like to see woodland stars on a winter night. And it all will draw me closer to my Creator. Im so ready.
But, I do have to maintain my work...I WANT to. Fortunately, I can work from anywhere...all I need is access to the internet and a post office.
But, it would be nice to meet and experience the art community in Manitou...so...

My question: how 'open' is the art community there?
I mean to new 'looks'. My stuff is very organic, but very different from the stuff I saw there when I visited. Are there any artists in Maniotu doing weirder, newer things? The personality of the city always struck me as one that was open to all sorts of new ideas...but I know how some art communities can become very 'inclusive'. It's weird how that happens, but sadly it does.

What you think?

jr

'Ruining Your Favorite Band's Image...Since 1995'
http://www.JermaineRogers.com

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement