Return to Index  

Reading too much into nothing

August 25 2006 at 5:11 PM
Texas Don  (Login NUMERO1)
Accepted Members
from IP address 64.12.116.132

Response to Okay MANITOU residents...SATAN?

I live in Houston and I'm not going anywhere any time soon, but I've been visiting Manitou off and on since 1958. In the '60s and '70's places like Santa Fe, NM and Manitou attracted a lot of directionless people. Some were consciously rejecting the values of their elders, while others were just a bunch of burned-out hippies who got there and then couldn't afford to leave. Their remnants are still there. Many of them got into the art scene because it provided a cheap way to be an entrepreneur. Some of them are very good at it. Pardon me if I over-generalize, but the drug/art culture tends to reject conventional religion and spirituality, and sometimes delves into the Satanic, fortune telling, etc., just to satisfy their spiritual cravings. You probably have more to fear from the hordes of tourists than from the locals in Manitou. It's a beautiful, interesting place. These are only my observations and opinions. That doesn't make them facts.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement