Return to Index  

Some opinions...

September 2 2006 at 3:47 PM
sagiquarius  (Login sagiquarius)
from IP address 63.231.110.109

Response to Thanks guys...I STILL have one concern....

Hi,

Myself, my husband and 2 kids AND our best friends, their 2 kids and their mother just moved to Manitou from L.A. last year and I wanted to share some stchuff regarding my new, fantastic life:

-BEST public school system in the state (coming from a place where you can not even send your kids to public school, that is a BIG deal).
-LOW cost of living (expensive compared to the rest of CO - but coming from Houston you'll think it's cheap).
-LEFT wing... way left (my family was afraid for me, when I told them I was moving to Colorado; just remember - It's Manitou). I'm a political artist who's lived in NY, SF & LA, and I fit in fine. I live next door to the Summit minister, and I think we scare him (we are extremely into Halloween). I even made "Anti-Mission Manitou" bumper stickers that we sell at the restaurant; which brings me to..
-FOOD. Don't worry. I was worried (really worried) leaving my Trader Joes. But even Wal-Mart has all my cheeses for fondue. And we 4 Cali-Texas-NY transplants opened "Ned's" in downtown Manitou for soulfood/ latte cravings.
-I don't need no stinkin' car: If you can carve out a routine that doesn't involve a car, you can maximize the Manitou experience (only entering the Springs for the inevitable government required paperwork).

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement