Return to Index  

Accupuncture in Manitou

December 29 2006 at 2:28 PM
Tim Clark  (Login FormerlyManitou)
from IP address 4.240.213.30

Response to Thinking about moving to Manitou Springs....

Manitou is a pretty small town, so the market might be kind of saturated there, as it is in Boulder. In 1999, there was a chiro who would do walk-in adjustments for $10, and he and his business partner, a naturopathic doctor, weren't doing too well. I think the $10 fee showed how desperate he was, as many area chiros charged $30 at least.

Perhaps it has picked up now though. I think office space is probably a lot more expensive in Manitou, than Colorado Springs, and the populace in Colorado Springs, might be loathe to travel to Manitou for treatment.

With Cave of the Winds, the Cliff Dwellings, and tram to PP al right there in Manitou -- in addition to the extreme funky charm of the town -- Manitou is very big for one thing: tourists. And the type of things tourists like to look at such as pottery, art and craft items.

I don't even remember there being a regular allopathic doctor being in town. Certainly not one with an HMO.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement