Return to Index  

Cliff House 1991 price

December 29 2006 at 2:46 PM
Tim Clark  (Login FormerlyManitou)
from IP address 4.240.213.30

Just a bit of trivia. The Cliff House, when I was looking for a house in Manitou in 1991, was on sale for $180,000. It had been vacant for quite a while, after a fire. The restoration cost millions.

Lots of real estate on the main drag of Cripple Creek, before the gambling ordinance was passed, was going for nothing too.

If you build in Manitou, your proposal has to go before the historical committee in an open meeting. They want it to have some pseudo-Victorian touches, depending on where you are building. I attended one of those meetings, since a house was being built right across from me, and my house had been there since 1930, with just a steep hill on the other side that most people thought unbuildable. Fortunately, the house was never built even though the committee approved it. I didn't stand up and say "I don't want a house there!" I just went to the meeting to see what they'd say about the house.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement