<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I'm pretty sure I am going to create a Manitou Springs web site ...

May 26 2006 at 6:56 AM

ColoradoGuy! :)  (Login ColoradoGuy_in_Buena_Vista)
+ Accepted Members +
from IP address 70.56.237.83

I've kind of felt some inspiration in the past couple of days. Plus, the web project will help me write and reflect a bit about my wonderful time and memories I have. Hmmmmmmm! The first issue is coming up with a good domain name that's easy to remember and also has "Manitou" or "Manitou Springs" in it. I'm open to ideas and suggestions ... Bring it on!

My format idea is to do something similar to what I've done with http://www.mtprinceton.org - In that one, I simply take a photo of Mt. Princeton from a different vantage point practically everyday, and I write a short paragraph or two about the photo, about a current local happening or whatever.

Even though I don't live in Manitou Springs anymore, I dare say I have thousands of photos of town. I could put up a new photo twice per week with my caption/reflection, have a discussion forum (similar to the style of: http://mtprinceton.org/forum), and have a section with upcoming happening and events in town. (Getting the events wouldn't be too tough. I could probably snag that from the Manitou Chamber and take e-mails from locals.)

So what do you think?

-Steve in Buena Vista, Colorado

Please check out my other web sites!
  • Autumn Pictures
  • Chaffee County, Colorado
  • My Crazy Video Clips
  • Green Mountain Falls, Colorado
  • Poncha Springs, Colorado
  • Teller County
  • Cactus Lovers
  • Bike Across America
  • New Jersey Web Site
  • Are you a coffee lover?
  • Telluride, Colorado
  • Mt. Princeton Web Site
  • Great Sand Dunes National Park

•  
     Respond to this message   
    AuthorReply

ColoradoGuy! :)
    (Login stevegarufi)
    + Accepted Members +

A construction page is up! MANITOUCAFE.COM! :) ...

May 26 2006, 2:30 PM 

Respond to this message   

ColoradoGuy! :)
    (Login ColoradoGuy)
    + Accepted Members +

ManitouCafe.com is up and running ... and is updated almost daily!!! :) ...

June 2 2006, 10:11 AM 

Hooray! Check it out!

http://www.manitoucafe.com

-Steve
    Buena Vista, Colorado
    http://www.ColoradoGuy.com

Respond to this message   

chicken_in_mole
    (Login chicken_in_mole)
    Accepted Members

manitou springs discussion forum vs manitou cafe forum

June 5 2006, 10:41 AM 

Steve, your Manitou Cafe website looks good. Hopefully you can continue to visit Manitou enough to keep the site up-to-date and fresh.

With regards to discussion forums on the subject of Manitou, now that there are two forums, I wonder if this might result in a dilution of Manitou-related conversation and topics? Would it be better if we continued to just have one forum? Are there advantages of two forums? Your thoughts? Thanks!

Respond to this message   

ColoradoGuy :)
    (Login ColoradoGuy_in_Buena_Vista)
    + Accepted Members +

Well, I've got loads of Manitou photos on my computer right now ...

June 6 2006, 8:54 AM 

I figure if I update the site twice per week, I'll have enough Manitou photos to last for a good year or two. I do agree that it would be nice for me to visit Manitou now and then to get some fresher and more up-to-date photos of town. I seem to return back to the Colorado Springs area about once per month or two these days, and so I'll be sure to snap a few shots as I go through Manitou.

As for the two forums, well, this forum has always been a tad quiet. However, I have been quite pleased with the quality of the conversation in here, even if the quantity has been low.

Will the Manitou Cafe forum compete with this one? Oh, I'm not sure about that. I'd like to see both forums busy, but we'll see. In the end, my working motto is: Have fun with my web sites and let the results take care of themselves!

-Steve in Buena Vista, Colorado

Please check out my other web sites!
  • Autumn Pictures
  • Chaffee County, Colorado
  • My Crazy Video Clips
  • Green Mountain Falls, Colorado
  • Poncha Springs, Colorado
  • Teller County
  • Cactus Lovers
  • Bike Across America
  • New Jersey Web Site
  • Are you a coffee lover?
  • Telluride, Colorado
  • Mt. Princeton Web Site
  • Great Sand Dunes National Park

•  
     Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
    Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement