<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Looking to Move to Manitou

November 10 2006 at 10:42 PM
Mouse  (Login MouzThunderPaws)
from IP address 207.69.139.13

Hey all.
I'm a liberal peace loving hippie type who is in LOVE with Manitou. I lived off of Vermijo a few years back, but was always in your neck of the woods :)
I weave hemp as well as other various artistic interests and figured that Manitou is the place for me. I will be ready for the move come the beginning of Jan/07. Gonna sell the truck and only come down the pass when I have to :)
I'm looking for a 1 bdrm or sm 2 bdrm apt or cottage, kinda on the cheap as I wish to buy my own place in Manitou. I have 2 mature cats and a whole lotta yard equipment so maybe storage of some type would be nice.
If any of you fine people hear of something coming up that I might be interested in, please let me know. I have wonderful landlord refs.
I'd love some info on the school, as my daughter is home schooled, but I heard that D14 Rocks. Any input would be so appreciated.
I'm going to mosey through the other posts, but I am open to any conversation regarding Manitou and the way thing are there.

Mouse

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Scotott
(Login Scotott)
Accepted Members

I know of a guy who may well be able to help you out

November 12 2006, 10:39 AM 

in your search for a new home. E-mail me and I'll get you his phone number. Please put something in the subject line that will identify you as you, so I don't delete without reading.

I understand D14 is a great district as well.

Best of luck with the search.

Respond to this message   
Mouse
(Login DeMouse)

Thanks

November 12 2006, 5:49 PM 

I'm not real sure of your email addy, but I added mine.
Thanks so much for your help.
Mouse

Respond to this message   

Scotott
(Login Scotott)
Accepted Members

JUst sent you an e-mail nm

November 14 2006, 9:11 PM 

Respond to this message   

Scotott
(Login Scotott)
Accepted Members

How's the hunt going? nm

November 24 2006, 8:59 AM 

Respond to this message   

chicken_in_mole
(Login chicken_in_mole)
Accepted Members

Good realtor site for searching housing (to own)

November 27 2006, 3:36 PM 

Here's a good site for searching for real-estate.

http://idx.ppmls.marketlinx.com/sampclient1/dframeset.asp

1. At the above URL, in the "Area" section, select Manitou Springs, then click "Continue". You can enter subareas if you know your subarea.

2. On the next screen, you can tailor your search even further. I think the key field here is "Property Type". You will most likely want to select "Single Family".

3. The site is updated daily as listings are added or removed from the MLS. As of today (11/27/06) the least expensive listing was $150K for 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 702 sq.ft home in downtown Manitou. But the very next listing is $155K for a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 1 car garage, 1600 sq.ft townhome (it was improperly listed as a single-family home). The other catch is it's in Crystal Hills sub-area located off of Crystal Park Rd. which is a nice area, but not downtown Manitou.

Good luck.

Respond to this message   
bobby from memphis
(Login bobbyrba)

rental

March 3 2007, 5:47 AM 

is there a similar high quality site for rentals in manitou?

Respond to this message   
ManitouFan
(Login ManitouFan)

I was looking for a rental several years back....

July 28 2007, 5:23 PM 

when I was trying to move to Manitou or CS, and I was told your best bet was the newspaper and just to drive around looking for "for rent" signs. I was told that places rent so quickly in Manitou that they really don't advertise much, no need to.

I wanted to rent for a while and look for a place to buy. What I discovered in my week of searching is that I couldn't afford to live there. I am a teacher with a family and real estate and rentals were just way too high for what I make, and I was looking at a pay cut of several thousand dollars to teach there.

I will try again in two years when my youngest graduates from high school.

Good luck.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement