<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Photo of Pikes Peak from Manitou Avenue ...

November 4 2007 at 10:21 AM

ColoradoGuy! :)  (Login ColoradoGuy)
+ Accepted Members +
from IP address 71.34.148.120

Here's a nice shot of the mountain!

And yes, the Manitou Cafe is still alive and well, even though it only gets updated with something new maybe 4 to 6 times per year.

Here: http://www.manitoucafe.com

-Steve

Colorado Guy - New Mexico Guy - Montana Guy

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Allie
(Login allie87)

Nice Picture.

November 7 2007, 4:43 PM 

We just got home from our trip to Manitou Springs and I can't believe how many pictures we took of the area. At last count we had over 400 and we haven't even looked at what's on the video camera tapes yet. Looking forward to going back real soon and staying much longer than we did this time.

Respond to this message   
Justin
(Login BellWitch)

Re: Photo of Pikes Peak from Manitou Avenue ...

March 9 2009, 1:38 PM 

I sure wish I would have found this site ages ago. It's been a pretty crazy hard ride since I left there. I need the peace it brings. The photo is great and instantly makes me feel good.

Respond to this message   
MissingManitou
(Login MissingManitou)

question about the photo

November 29 2009, 11:11 PM 

Yeah, yeah, yeah - another Pikes Peak photo. Yawn, yawn...

.^_^.

But, what ho? Look down onto the next ridge in the middle of the photo. Is that the rock formation that my little brother and I always called "The Lady in the Rocking Chair" when we lived way down Ruxton Avenue? I've thought about it so many times since then. Yes, it was certainly imposing way up there above us, but it was a calm, collected imposition!

I would really LOVE a close-up of said rock formation from the Ruxton Avenue vantage point, say from around the Iron Springs Chateau area, hint, hint, hint...

Anyhow, it's great to see it even from this distance and I'm not just talking spatially.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Cities & NeighborhoodsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement