John 17:1-3 is only ambiguos to those who chose to find unimagined faultJune 14 2012 at 3:27 AM
|Kumag si Tomas (Login shudas342)|
Response to Ambiguos means having 2 or more possible meanings.
to serve their own biased purpose. Unless the verses were twisted and molded to their own whimsical way, any other layman like me will always read that to be unambiguous, crystal-clear, straightforward.
Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
17 These things spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to the heaven, and said -- `Father, the hour hath come, glorify Thy Son, that Thy Son also may glorify Thee,
2 according as Thou didst give to him authority over all flesh, that -- all that Thou hast given to him -- he may give to them life age-during;
3 and this is the life age-during, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and him whom Thou didst send -- Jesus Christ
Toms, please read v3- Jesus said "...they may know Thee, the only true God," didn't that phrase shut up any notion of any other "true God"?
Where in those verses above showed Jesus is "also" true God?
- In case Jesus is God, then he is not another true God, - Tomas on Jun 15, 6:06 PM
- Again pls stop speculating ! - Kumag si Tomas on Jun 17, 1:11 AM
- You are speculating that Jesus is not God, and you give - Tomas on Jun 22, 6:17 PM
- Of course, you have the right to speculate on things "not" written, on things unclear ! - Kumag si Tom on Jun 24, 10:41 PM
- I do believe what they say, and likewise what Isaiah said. - Tomas on Jun 30, 11:43 PM
- Tom says God could be, more than "one" person - Kumag si Tomas on Jul 1, 10:13 PM
- God is indeed one, but he is so complex, - Tomas on Jul 6, 9:36 AM
- God indeed is one and is so complex - Kumag si Tom on Jul 6, 9:56 PM
- I agree he needs no parter, and he is one no matter how many persons he - Tomas on Jul 8, 2:01 AM
- again pls delete those speculative words, Tom - Kumag si Tom on Jul 8, 8:06 AM
- The Bible does not ban us from speculating. - Tomas on Jul 14, 11:58 PM
- Believe only those that are written, not those unwritten ! - Kumag si Tomas on Jul 15, 10:11 PM
- I believe everything written in the Bible. - Tomas on Jul 20, 2:58 PM
- That's right, Tom. But if the Bible does not say God is 2 or 3 or 4 persons - KUmag si Tomas on Jul 22, 10:19 PM
- The Bible does not say God is one person either. - Tomas on Jul 27, 8:23 AM
- even the devil says God is one, Tom - Kumag si Tom on Jul 27, 8:40 AM
- The devil knows God is one God, but does not know - Tomas on Jul 28, 11:16 PM
- Well, "Tom, how" do you know what the devil knows or knows not? - Kumag si Tom on Jul 29, 10:10 PM
- Because only God knows his full complexity, Ps. 145:3, Job 36:26. - Tomas on Aug 3, 6:13 PM
- Well, the question is whow do you know what the devil knew or not knew, Tom? - KUmag si Tom on Aug 3, 9:05 PM
- I know because as I said only God knows. And the devil - Tomas on Aug 11, 12:34 AM