John 6:38 does not speak o Christ as preexisting in heaven.May 15 2016 at 9:15 AM
|INCquisitor (Login fccc354)|
Response to 2] Tomas and all, consider this scripture: John 6:38
The Bible says there is only one God (Eph. 4:4-6; 1 Cor. 8:6). The Bible also says that Jesus is a MAN (John 8:40; Acts 17:31; 1 Tim. 2:5).
Therefore, there is no way that Jesus preexisted as God IN ADDITION to the God who SENT him and whose WILL Jesus was sent to do (John 6:38).
Therefore, the idea that John 6:38 speaks of Christ as preexisting in heaven is a TWISTED interpretation of what Jesus said as "coming down from heaven" which, to me, is simply a figure of speech to describe his "coming from God" or being "SENT by God" (John 17:3).
- How is John 6:38 a figure of speech? - Michael on May 15, 2016, 12:05 PM
- Re: How is John 6:38 a figure of speech? - INCquisitor on May 20, 2016, 5:24 PM
- What type of figure of speech is John 6:38, if you say it is? - Michael on May 21, 2016, 12:11 PM
- It is immaterial what figure of speech is John 6:38. - INCquisitor on May 22, 2016, 9:17 AM
- It is. For if you can't tell us, then you have no basis of saying it is a figure of speech - Michael on May 22, 2016, 10:11 AM
- If Jesus PHYSICALLY pre-existed in heaven, WHAT was he? - INCquisitor on May 29, 2016, 9:21 AM
- If he physically preexisted, maybe he preexisted as a form. But he likely preexisted spi- - Tomas on May 29, 2016, 11:41 PM
- Who said Jesus PHYSICALLY preexisted in heaven? - Michael on May 31, 2016, 11:47 AM