Click here for Host attention.

Return to Index  

John 6:38 speaks of Him to have come down from heaven to do His Father's will on earth.

June 17 2016 at 5:14 AM
Michael  (Login tong2012)

Response to Perhaps you can tell us what you think of John 6:38.

INCquisitor:

Do you know the answers to your own questions?

1. Who was He who came down from heaven? Does He have a name? If so, what is His name in heaven?
2. What was His nature of existence in heaven? Is He invisible and immortal?
3. Who is He relative to God?

Isn't it time you enlighten us with what you think you know instead of trolling for ideas?

ME:

1. Who was He who came down from heaven? Does He have a name? If so, what is His name in heaven?

In John 6:38, it is Jesus who said "I have come down from heaven". So, my answer on the first question is Jesus.

In John 1, apostle John tells us "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." He speaks later of the Word as later becoming flesh, who dwelt among men, and whose glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth, was beheld. And John identifies who this is, as to be Jesus.

So, on the second and third questions, the answer is the Word.

2. What was His nature of existence in heaven? Is He invisible and immortal?

Jesus' nature of existence in heaven, is as the Word. Jesus is the Word. But not just any word, but the Word of God. Now the Word of God is eternal, therefore, immortal. And the Word of God is invisible.

3. Who is He relative to God?

John testifies:

1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. He is the Son.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Click here for Host attention.