Click here for Host attention.

Return to Index  

Re: The Gospel Of Christ

November 21 2016 at 4:25 AM
Michael  (Login tong2012)

Response to Re: The Gospel Of Christ

You said "Jesus said that God sent him into the world that through him the world might be saved (John 3:17)".

Who do you say the "world" refer to? All of man or not?

INCQUISITOR:

Anyone who is NOT a member of the church that Christ built is the "world."

ME:

The "world" in John 3:17, is mentioned trice. Does "world" have the same meaning in all of the times it was used in the verse, for you?

INCQUISITOR:

Yes, the "world" mentioned in John 3:17 has the same meaning in all the three times that it was mentioned in the verse. They all refer to "sinners" or people who are not members of the church that Christ built.

Before God sent Jesus into the "world," the "world" was populated by sinners (Rom. 3:23) who are Jews and Gentiles. John 3:17 says, God sent Jesus into the "world," that the "world" through him might be SAVED." It must be noted that Jesus was named Jesus for he will SAVE his people from their sins (Matt. 1:21).

The Bible teaches that it is the church that Christ built that Christ purchased with his blood (Act 20:28). The Bible also teaches that Christ is the savior of the church, his body (Ephesians 5:23).

Therefore, in order for the "world" to be saved, it must be "reconciled to God in ONE BODY through the cross" (Eph. 2:16). This ONE BODY is the church that Christ built.

ME:

Are you saying then that John 3:17 is saying that God did not send His Son into the "sinners" to condemn the "sinners", but that the "sinners" through Him might be saved? Or that God did not send His Son into the "people who are not members of the church that Christ built" to condemn the "people who are not members of the church that Christ built", but that the "people who are not members of the church that Christ built" through Him might be saved? Does not only sound ugly, but really becomes a weird and senseless statement.

INCQUISITOR:

The word of God is beautifully written but you make it sound ugly.

God sent Jesus to save SINNERS from their sins (Mt. 1:32). It is as simple as that. Jesus used "world" (John 3:17) to describe those whom God sent him to SAVE. You make the word of God ugly because you refuse to believe Him. That's your problem.

The church that Christ built (Mt. 16:18) is an integral part of God's Plan of Salvation. Christ would not have built his church if it weren't. The ONLY WAY that one an be "IN Christ" and be saved, is by being a member of his body, the church that he built.

ME:

No, INCquisitor. I just tried to substitute the meaning you make of "world" in the verse to see how it will be. And apparently it makes the verse sound ugly and weird and senseless.

And by that alone, it just shows that such take of "world" in the verse, is evidently erroneous.

INCQUISITOR:

You say my take of the "world" is erroneous, yet you can't tell me what "world" was Jesus talking about.

ME:

It is you who is defending your teaching here INCquisitor, not me. You have posted your doctrine and I'm just trying to comprehend and see if it is in keeping with scriptures or not, or if it is correct or not. And apparently, this is the outcome, that it is erroneous.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: The Gospel Of Christ - INCquisitor on Nov 22, 2016, 6:14 PM
    1. Re: The Gospel Of Christ - Michael on Nov 23, 2016, 8:34 AM
      1. Re: The Gospel Of Christ - INCquisitor on Nov 24, 2016, 4:30 PM
        1. Re: The Gospel Of Christ - Michael on Nov 25, 2016, 7:07 AM
          1. Jesus was sent to save sinners (Matt. 1:21). - INCquisitor on Feb 19, 2017, 12:22 PM
            1. Re: Jesus was sent to save sinners (Matt. 1:21). - Michael on Apr 18, 2017, 6:38 AM
              1. Re: Jesus was sent to save sinners (Matt. 1:21). - INCquisitor on Apr 18, 2017, 4:12 PM
                1. Re: Jesus was sent to save sinners (Matt. 1:21). - Michael on Apr 18, 2017, 9:55 PM
                  1. Re: Jesus was sent to save sinners (Matt. 1:21). - INCquisitor on May 18, 2017, 6:43 PM
                    1. Re: Jesus was sent to save sinners (Matt. 1:21). - Michael on May 19, 2017, 9:10 AM
                      1. Re: Jesus was sent to save sinners (Matt. 1:21). - INCquisitor on May 21, 2017, 5:08 PM
                      2. Re: Jesus was sent to save sinners (Matt. 1:21). - Michael on May 22, 2017, 9:14 AM
                      3. Re: Jesus was sent to save sinners (Matt. 1:21). - INCquisitor on May 22, 2017, 3:26 PM
                      4. Re: Jesus was sent to save sinners (Matt. 1:21). - Michael on May 22, 2017, 8:19 PM

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Click here for Host attention.