Romans 10:4 says "For Christ is the end of the law , so that there may beMarch 5 2017 at 4:00 PM
|Tomas (Login TomasSedlacek)|
Response to God did not send Jesus to "die for our sins."
righteousness for anyone who believes". The next verse continues "Moses writes concerning the righteousness that comes from the law, that the person who does these things will live by them".
So from this context it can be seen that Christ is the end of the Law of Moses, to bring righteousness to anyone who believes. So Christ fulfilled the Law of Moses, just as he said he is going to fulfill it, in Mt. 5:17-18. So the Law of Moses was still in effect until Christ died on the cross, to fulfill the Law. So until that, not one jot or tittle passed from the Law of Moses. So for example the dietary laws were still in effect. And the Christians kept observing the dietary laws until Peter was given this revelation in a vision in Acts 10.
- Paul was referring to rightousness of faith" (Rom. 10:6). - INCquiditor on Mar 6, 2017, 6:04 PM
- Yes, faith is necessary for salvation. And Rom. 10:9 does specify two salvation - Tomas on Mar 7, 2017, 11:23 PM
- You say, "That means we NEED to OBEY him." - INCquisitor on Mar 12, 2017, 5:24 AM
- I obey Mt. 15:11 and Mark 7:15. That instruction permits us not to always wash - Tomas on Mar 12, 2017, 6:51 PM
- If you MISINTERPRET Matt. 15:11 and Mark 7:15... - INCquisitor on Mar 14, 2017, 6:35 PM
- I do not misinterpret Mt. 15:11 and Mark 7:15, you do. - Tomas on Mar 15, 2017, 6:44 AM
- Matt. 15:11 and MNarrk 7:15 is NOT about eating with unwashed hands. - INCquiitor on Mar 16, 2017, 6:34 PM
- It sure is. Look at the context. - Tomas on Mar 16, 2017, 10:28 PM
- You are thinking beyond what is written Tomas. - INCquisitor on Apr 6, 2017, 5:58 PM
- No, I am going by all that is written there. - Tomas on Apr 6, 2017, 10:17 PM
- Jesus did not say, "with washed hands" either. - INCquisitor on Apr 8, 2017, 4:17 PM
- Jesus was responding to criticism in Mt. 15:2 about them eating with unwashed hands. - Tomas on Apr 8, 2017, 8:24 PM
- Re: Jesus was responding to criticism in Mt. 15:2 about them eating with unwashed hands. - INCquisitor on May 18, 2017, 6:49 PM
- The issue Jesus reacted to was the tradition of washing hands. - Tomas on May 28, 2017, 1:25 AM
- You are saying that Jeus LIED, aren't you? - INCquisitor on May 28, 2017, 4:27 PM
- Jesus did not lie, of course. You just misunderstood what he said there. - Tomas on Jun 10, 2017, 9:29 PM