Yes, faith is necessary for salvation. And Rom. 10:9 does specify two salvationMarch 7 2017 at 11:23 PM
|Tomas (Login TomasSedlacek)|
Response to Paul was referring to rightousness of faith" (Rom. 10:6).
requirements. We must confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus. Of course we don't have to take that too literally, God will understand if somebody is unable to talk, like some deaf people cannot talk, then they can confess the Lord Jesus with sign language.
And we must believe in our heart that God has raised the Lord Jesus from the dead.
And certainly millions of Christians have fulfilled both requirements, as well as the other requirements, and are saved. That is wonderful.
Though faith alone is not enough for salvation. Note that Paul wrote we must confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus. So we really have to consider Jesus to be our Lord. That means we need to obey him. Faith without works is dead, as James wrote. So when some Protestants claim they are saved due to their faith, but they live like the world, they are in great error. Protestants who think faith alone is needed for salvation, are in danger of being led into a life of sin. Living in sin, failing to repent of sins, that means the person is not saved. Jesus is not really being obeyed as Lord. So we need to search the Bible to find out what is forbidden, what is sinful, and avoid it. Anything the New Covenant commandments forbid, we need to avoid. And when we sin, we need to repent.
- You say, "That means we NEED to OBEY him." - INCquisitor on Mar 12, 2017, 5:24 AM
- I obey Mt. 15:11 and Mark 7:15. That instruction permits us not to always wash - Tomas on Mar 12, 2017, 6:51 PM
- If you MISINTERPRET Matt. 15:11 and Mark 7:15... - INCquisitor on Mar 14, 2017, 6:35 PM
- I do not misinterpret Mt. 15:11 and Mark 7:15, you do. - Tomas on Mar 15, 2017, 6:44 AM
- Matt. 15:11 and MNarrk 7:15 is NOT about eating with unwashed hands. - INCquiitor on Mar 16, 2017, 6:34 PM
- It sure is. Look at the context. - Tomas on Mar 16, 2017, 10:28 PM
- You are thinking beyond what is written Tomas. - INCquisitor on Apr 6, 2017, 5:58 PM
- No, I am going by all that is written there. - Tomas on Apr 6, 2017, 10:17 PM
- Jesus did not say, "with washed hands" either. - INCquisitor on Apr 8, 2017, 4:17 PM
- Jesus was responding to criticism in Mt. 15:2 about them eating with unwashed hands. - Tomas on Apr 8, 2017, 8:24 PM
- Re: Jesus was responding to criticism in Mt. 15:2 about them eating with unwashed hands. - INCquisitor on May 18, 2017, 6:49 PM
- The issue Jesus reacted to was the tradition of washing hands. - Tomas on May 28, 2017, 1:25 AM
- You are saying that Jeus LIED, aren't you? - INCquisitor on May 28, 2017, 4:27 PM
- Jesus did not lie, of course. You just misunderstood what he said there. - Tomas on Jun 10, 2017, 9:29 PM