I obey Mt. 15:11 and Mark 7:15. That instruction permits us not to always washMarch 12 2017 at 6:51 PM
|Tomas (Login TomasSedlacek)|
Response to You say, "That means we NEED to OBEY him."
our hands before eating. So I don't always wash my hands before eating.
But that does not mean we can eat what we might want. Look for example at 1 Cor. 10:18-21 "Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? What say I then? That the idol is anything, or that which is offered to sacrifices to idols is anything? But I say that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God; and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and also of the devils; ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils".
Look also a few verses down, verse 28 "But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake, for the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof".
So as you can see, if someone tells you that some food has been offered to idols, do not eat it, for the sake of your conscience, since otherwise you would be partakers of the table of demons, verse 21.
So this is consistent with the instructions of the Holy Spirit in Acts 15, to abstain from fornication, from eating blood, strangled animals and food offered to idols, and with the instructions of Jesus in Rev. 2:15,20, to avoid the teachings of Balaam and of Jezebel, therefore to avoid the eating of food offered to idols and fornication.
- If you MISINTERPRET Matt. 15:11 and Mark 7:15... - INCquisitor on Mar 14, 2017, 6:35 PM
- I do not misinterpret Mt. 15:11 and Mark 7:15, you do. - Tomas on Mar 15, 2017, 6:44 AM
- Matt. 15:11 and MNarrk 7:15 is NOT about eating with unwashed hands. - INCquiitor on Mar 16, 2017, 6:34 PM
- It sure is. Look at the context. - Tomas on Mar 16, 2017, 10:28 PM
- You are thinking beyond what is written Tomas. - INCquisitor on Apr 6, 2017, 5:58 PM
- No, I am going by all that is written there. - Tomas on Apr 6, 2017, 10:17 PM
- Jesus did not say, "with washed hands" either. - INCquisitor on Apr 8, 2017, 4:17 PM
- Jesus was responding to criticism in Mt. 15:2 about them eating with unwashed hands. - Tomas on Apr 8, 2017, 8:24 PM
- Re: Jesus was responding to criticism in Mt. 15:2 about them eating with unwashed hands. - INCquisitor on May 18, 2017, 6:49 PM
- The issue Jesus reacted to was the tradition of washing hands. - Tomas on May 28, 2017, 1:25 AM
- You are saying that Jeus LIED, aren't you? - INCquisitor on May 28, 2017, 4:27 PM
- Jesus did not lie, of course. You just misunderstood what he said there. - Tomas on Jun 10, 2017, 9:29 PM