I do not misinterpret Mt. 15:11 and Mark 7:15, you do.March 15 2017 at 6:44 AM
|Tomas (Login TomasSedlacek)|
Response to If you MISINTERPRET Matt. 15:11 and Mark 7:15...
After all, among the apostles, Peter was for a time the chief spokesman, see Acts 2 etc. So in fact, Jesus told him to 'feed my sheep', John 21:16,17. So Peter was no idiot. Jesus chose no idiot as his chief spokesman. Peter knew what he had eaten with Christ. So when he received the vision in Acts 10, he could truly say that he had not ever eaten any such animals. So he never ate with Christ any pork, camels, rabbits, horses, eagles, owls, snakes, frogs, shrimp, lobsters, catfish, etc., he never ate any animals that were taught to be non-kosher. So Christ himself did not either. The issue in Mt. 15:11 and Mark 7:15 was not non-kosher food, they did not do that. The issue in those verses was eating with unwashed hands, Jesus with his disciples did not observe the tradition of men to be always ritually washing the hands before eating. So the issue was dirt, not kosher laws.
So it was not until Acts 10 that the Christians got the revelation that now they could eat animals considered until then non-kosher. So then to clarify the matter, the council of Jerusalem met in Acts 15, and under the sacred inspiration of the Holy Spirit they announced that the only food prohibitions that are still necessities are blood, strangled animals, and food offered to idols.
So do you think that Christ chose an idiot as his chief spokesman? I am personally sure he did not.
- Matt. 15:11 and MNarrk 7:15 is NOT about eating with unwashed hands. - INCquiitor on Mar 16, 2017, 6:34 PM
- It sure is. Look at the context. - Tomas on Mar 16, 2017, 10:28 PM
- You are thinking beyond what is written Tomas. - INCquisitor on Apr 6, 2017, 5:58 PM
- No, I am going by all that is written there. - Tomas on Apr 6, 2017, 10:17 PM
- Jesus did not say, "with washed hands" either. - INCquisitor on Apr 8, 2017, 4:17 PM
- Jesus was responding to criticism in Mt. 15:2 about them eating with unwashed hands. - Tomas on Apr 8, 2017, 8:24 PM
- Re: Jesus was responding to criticism in Mt. 15:2 about them eating with unwashed hands. - INCquisitor on May 18, 2017, 6:49 PM
- The issue Jesus reacted to was the tradition of washing hands. - Tomas on May 28, 2017, 1:25 AM
- You are saying that Jeus LIED, aren't you? - INCquisitor on May 28, 2017, 4:27 PM
- Jesus did not lie, of course. You just misunderstood what he said there. - Tomas on Jun 10, 2017, 9:29 PM