Matt. 15:11 and MNarrk 7:15 is NOT about eating with unwashed hands.March 16 2017 at 6:34 PM
|INCquiitor (Login fccc354)|
Response to I do not misinterpret Mt. 15:11 and Mark 7:15, you do.
Read these verses again and note what Jesus said.
In Mt. 15:11, Jesus said, "NOT what goes INTO the mouth DEFILES a man; but what comes OUT of the mouth, this DEFILES a man." And in Mark 7:15, Jesus said, "There is NOTHING that ENTERS a man FROM outside which can DEFILE him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that DEFILE a man."
Does Mt. 15:11 say, "not what goes into the mouth WITH UNWASHED HANDS defiles a man?" Does Mark 7:15 say, "There is nothing that enters a man WITH UNWASHED HANDS from the outside which can defile him." No, Tomas. These verses DON'T say, "WITH UNWASHED HANDS." You are ADDING to the word of God which you know very well is a gross violation of God's command.
- It sure is. Look at the context. - Tomas on Mar 16, 2017, 10:28 PM
- You are thinking beyond what is written Tomas. - INCquisitor on Apr 6, 2017, 5:58 PM
- No, I am going by all that is written there. - Tomas on Apr 6, 2017, 10:17 PM
- Jesus did not say, "with washed hands" either. - INCquisitor on Apr 8, 2017, 4:17 PM
- Jesus was responding to criticism in Mt. 15:2 about them eating with unwashed hands. - Tomas on Apr 8, 2017, 8:24 PM
- Re: Jesus was responding to criticism in Mt. 15:2 about them eating with unwashed hands. - INCquisitor on May 18, 2017, 6:49 PM
- The issue Jesus reacted to was the tradition of washing hands. - Tomas on May 28, 2017, 1:25 AM
- You are saying that Jeus LIED, aren't you? - INCquisitor on May 28, 2017, 4:27 PM
- Jesus did not lie, of course. You just misunderstood what he said there. - Tomas on Jun 10, 2017, 9:29 PM