Click here for Host attention.

Return to Index  

Re: The Gospel Of Christ

April 17 2017 at 11:43 AM
Michael  (Login tong2012)

Response to Re: The Gospel Of Christ

INCQUISITOR:

Therefore, one must "SUBMIT to the righteousness of God" in order to EXCEED the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees.

Do you know the "righteousness of God" to which you must submit? If you don't, then you can never EXCEED the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees and you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven (Matt. 5:20).

Me:

Romans 3:21-22
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

INCQUISITOR:

Tell us how these verses you cited relate to 2 Cor 5:21 where we read, "For He made him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD in him."

The verses you cited do NOT tell us what he "righteousness of God" is. They do NOT tell us HOW we might BECOME the "righteousness of God" in Christ.

Me:

First of all, what 2 Cor 5:21 tells us is this "that we might become the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD in him." It does not tell us anything about the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD, but rather, it tells us what God has done, that so we might become His righteousness, that of course, in Christ. For whoever are in Christ, from faith to faith, the righteousness of God is seen and is revealed.

You don't know what Romans 3:21-22 tells us of the "righteousness of God"? First it says that it is manifested without the law. Second it is being witnessed or testified of by the law and the prophets. And that, it is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe.

Now, don't you not also see anything about the righteousness of God in Philippians 3:9? Paul speaks of "mine own righteousness". And this he says is which is of the law. In contrast, he speaks of righteousness which is of God. And this he says is which is through the faith of Christ.

So, these scriptures says that the righteousness of God is:

1. manifested without the law.
2. witnessed or testified by the law and the prophets.
3. by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. The gospel you preach does NOT reveal the "righteousness of God." - INCquisitor on Apr 18, 2017, 4:16 PM
    1. Re: The gospel you preach does NOT reveal the "righteousness of God." - Michael on Apr 18, 2017, 11:22 PM

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Click here for Host attention.