I've only been on this MUD a few months, but when I first got on, it was a great MUD. Wonderfully coded, fun to play, some role-playing, I could roleplay a healer and avoid fights and not be called a panzie, and I could step outside of my guild and drink from a fountain without being attacked by 3 people who I don't even know, who havn't even looked at me, and were supposedly neutral.
Then things started to change. I think it all started to change. Little obnoxious brats who shouldn't even know how to telnet (damn simplified MUD clients) start coming on, calling everyone homos, saying that I enjoy "butt-sex" (a term I hadn't heard since 6th grade), and going around killing everyone in sight. It all seemed to happen during that whole CF scandel when some CF came on and acted like ass-holes. I think some newbies saw them acting like that, thought thats the way things worked on this MUD, and things started to snow-ball as more and more people aacted like that (I guess those punks from CF accomplished their mission). Obviously this MUD is going down-hill, and anyone who says otherwise is part of the problem.
Well, something had to be done about this. The immortals figured since the mindless hack-n-slahers weren't roleplayers, if we required roleplaying, that would scare them away. This was a good idea, and I think that the immortals should keep it and and keep being strict. I know it gets annoying to have the immortal being an asshole, but with these 12 year old name-calling brats on, its the only way we can get things done. I sympathise for the immortals, who obviosly weren't trained in baby-sitting when they became immortals, but they are handling the job the best they can.
I, personally, am NOT going to let AR become some stupid MUD where all you do is PK. There are MUDs out there like that, and if I wanted to play them, then I would've chosen to play them, but I saying it to him,didn't. What really makes me mad is if anyone gets mad at your little brats and posts a message saying the support the immortal's efforts to get rid of you, you reply saying he's a butt kisser and a homo. We are not sucking up to the immortals, we are just trying to let the immortals know that we support what they are doing, so that they can keep doing it.
For all you people who do want to save AR, don't just let the immortals do all the work, you can help, and heres a few ways that will help, and will work if we all do it.
1) Support the immortals. They are working for the greater good of this MUD, and doing there very best. If it wasn't for them, the little brats would've taken over a long time ago. Send a note to the immortals supporting them, otherwise they just may give up, and AR will just go completly down the drain.
2) Set an example for newbies. If you can show the newbies that this isn't a PKing hack-n-slash MUD, then we'll scare away the little brats who act that way, and encourage the good players to stay when they otherwise might leave.
3) Watch your language. The following words should never be repeated on the MUD or this forum: faggot, homo, dick-head, panzy, butt-sex, queer, cunt, dick, or anything derogitry terms of homosexuality, homosexual acts, or.. "creative" names for parts of the anatomy.
4) Take back the forum. Try to post constuctive posts on the forum instead flames saying "so-and-so is a butt-f*ucking faggot and enjoys raping my butt and is a pedophile and likes to lick crusty little boy's underwear". Maybe then Stryth will come back to the forum, and we can give him some input.
5) Don't become one of the brats. Not like I'd ever like to join them, but for those of you who feel the need to be part of the crowd, resist, resist, resist. Every less person who acts like that is a victory for us.
6) Ignore them. If some little brat is being annoying, don't go and kill them, you're only encouraging them. Ignore them. I've seen to many people who got annoyed by them and have started acting like them. Ignore them and they'll go away.
Let's hope that someday, we can take back this MUD.
<b> I'm just checking to see if this uses html... </b>