<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

P-51 heads

June 19 2005 at 6:57 PM
No score for this post
kelly T richardson  (Login bigblock79)
from IP address 207.225.34.108

any word on production yet? really like the info I have seen so far!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Scott J. AKA the Mad porter !!!
(Login ScottJ429)

I am awaiting word from Jon Kaase with regard...

No score for this post
June 20 2005, 1:28 AM 

...to initial availability and time frame.

I will post information as I receive it...

Regards,
Scott Johnston / RHP

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com

Complete list of product and services:
http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com/products_index.html

kelly T richardson
(Login bigblock79)

Re: I am awaiting word from Jon Kaase with regard...

No score for this post
June 20 2005, 10:49 AM 

very nice, I'm stashing away money for the new heads !

jeff hann
(Login cletus66)

Me too!!!!!!!..........n/m

No score for this post
June 20 2005, 1:09 PM 

n/m

Root
(Login ARoot)

Soon

No score for this post
June 20 2005, 7:26 PM 

The latest iteration of the head has been sent to Kaase for his evaluation. We made some changes to the porting in the intake valve bowl. Basically, as soon as we can get the "out of the box" flow numbers over 400 cfm, we will move forward with the first production run. I think we're there but Jon has to bless it first.

S. LEONARD
(Login 1961GALAXIE)

Sounds good - Mr ROOT are you going to cast that tunnel ram still?

No score for this post
June 20 2005, 10:10 PM 

Also can you guys pick up the exhaust port a little while your tweaking?

Lem Evans
(Login l-evans7)

ME TOO .

No score for this post
June 20 2005, 10:33 PM 

SCJ T.R. Cash in hand !

Jon Thee
(Login theemudracer)

Alan Root,

No score for this post
June 20 2005, 10:37 PM 

Please post here more often. I promise we wont bug you to much.

thanks Jon

Jon Thee

Root
(Login ARoot)

SCJ Tunnel Ram

No score for this post
June 21 2005, 5:00 PM 

I have two castings here that I haven't machined as of yet. Lem, you have first right of refusal on one of them as promised.

The thing Kaase hasn't mentioned was that Ford screwed me out of machining the 351 aluminum blocks as well as the SCJ heads and, all at the same time. That was about $700,000 a year worth of machine work that disappeared instantly and without any notice. I guess when Lyons retired the integrity left with him. Needless to say I have been very busy trying to find new work for this business.

My focus right now is to get the P-51's sorted out and on the shelf. Then I will get back to the tunnel ram. End of the year to first of next, in stock. I promise!

Cal
(Login thepaduck)

P 51

No score for this post
June 21 2005, 5:49 PM 

Say, What kind of deal does Jon have for those of us that though the last set he came up with was the best??? Pass the vaseline please!

You can't fly with your wheels on the ground!

Randy Malik
(Login rmcomprandy)

It's called...moving FORWARD...!

No score for this post
June 21 2005, 9:34 PM 

At one time the "8 track tape player" was the best, also. THINGS CHANGE in this world...

Charlie Evans
(Login c.evans)

Tunnel Ram R&D

No score for this post
June 21 2005, 7:17 PM 

Allen,

We're screwing together a stout little 533 CID engine right now with Ford Kaase SCJ heads that flow just at 400 cfm. It's a dry sump engine with a Comp Cams roller and a couple of nice Quick Fuel carbs on a ported Weiand tunnel ram. We'll be doing some dyno testing and will be glad to dyno the new Kaase/Root tunnel ram in some back to back testing. Please just go ahead and send one of those tunnel rams to Lem and we'll let you know the results first!

Charlie Evans

kim
(Login kim524)

I got a 525 wet sump that would turn 10,000

No score for this post
June 21 2005, 8:40 PM 

All it needs is a set of real heads, an intake, and of course a little better carberation. Ill crate it and send it for a dyno mule, for the donation of the above parts...

Lem Evans
(Login l-evans7)

Re: SCJ Tunnel Ram

No score for this post
June 21 2005, 7:25 PM 

Okay , sent it on when you get to it .

kim
(Login kim524)

AR, thats not the first time Ford's forked you over.

No score for this post
June 21 2005, 8:37 PM 

I still got a set of the J302 heads on a shelf as proof of when the deals first started, (AR prominantly cast in head) and when ford took the casting and ran...... not to mention comming out with K302 variant.

Seems to be the blue ovals monicar, to rape the people that serve them.

Glad to see you still doing business, and better, glad to see you still atached to people where handshakes are business deals. Damn Lawyers and legaleze...

As stated above, don't be a stranger. Its a hell of a forum, and you could really help the faithful!

Randy Malik
(Login rmcomprandy)

On Center Guides...???

No score for this post
June 21 2005, 9:31 PM 

Are you gonna fix the problem that the SCJ's had with machining the guide hole AFTER the valve guide is installed. You can't replce a guide without totally destroying the valve placement. Yhe factory Big Block Chevy used to also have this MAJOR problem when replacing guides.

Root
(Login ARoot)

Valve Guides

No score for this post
June 22 2005, 6:53 PM 

Not initially Randy. The valve job is done on the CNC and we generate the final Guide I.D. on the same fixture that bores the holes for the guide and seat inserts. I'm not exactly sure why the problem is as significant as it appears to be but, rest assured, we will begin to put a study on it. I guess that's the effect of supplying products through a large company such as Ford. I'm the last one to find out about their customer's issues. Feel free to outline any other areas we might be able improve product quality. From now on, the buck stops here!

Brian
(Login BrianEyler)

Mr. Root - Question about SCJ intake rocker stud location

No score for this post
June 22 2005, 7:46 PM 

I noticed on my set of heads the intake push rods really favored the bottom of the tube and actually interfered pretty bad when I tried a 1.8 rocker. The geometry also wasn't exactly right - almost as if the rocker arm stud hole was drilled to close to the valve. Any thoughts on this?

JonKaase
(Login JonKaase)

It seems that the Crane...

Score 1.0 (1 person)
June 22 2005, 9:49 PM 

gold race rockers as well as the Ford motorsport rockers differ from the Comp steel ones. The heads were initally set up with the Crane 1.73 429 based rocker. That's what I used on the Engine Masters and everything fit right. I'll look at the Comp fit tomorrow. If we need to move the stud holes back some, so be it.

Charlie Evans
(Login c.evans)

Jon, The Most Accurate 1.73 Roller Rockers

No score for this post
June 22 2005, 10:16 PM 

that Lem and I have found are the Ford FRPP (blue), Crane (gold), Crower (stainless steel), and Probe (billet). If the heads will fit any of those four 1.73 roller rockers, then things will be "good to go".

The Comp Cams stainless steel has an offset trunion, and it's valve stem to rocker stud dimension is different. I believe Lem verified that with Gordan a couple of years ago.

Hope this helps,
Charlie

This message has been edited by c.evans from IP address 205.188.116.134 on Jun 23, 2005 1:16 AM

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index