<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Help with 460 engine spec and best heads to use ???

November 17 2005 at 1:48 PM
No score for this post
  (Login speedemon32)
from IP address 84.65.87.84

Hi

Looking for information to help me decide which way to go with engine build
Do i fit a stroker kit 513 or bigger
Nitrous kit (which one )??
Just fit alloy heads and keep the rest standard ??
Alloy heads and inlet ??

etc etc

whose heads and parts ??

what would give me the best performance without to much sacrifice on fuel consumption
engine fitted in a glass 32 roadster used mainly on the road with ocasional track use but want good track times

Any help please

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
DAVID
(Login D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S.)

Check Scott J's site for a number of usable......

No score for this post
November 19 2005, 6:29 AM 

...Proven 460 combos, and the build section on this site. From what I have read here, the "magic" 30+ MPG 460 combo isn't likely to happen (even 20 mpg is asking a lot). Past posts have me thinking that the mpg "adverage" seems to run around the 9 to 13 miles per gallon range, bigger mpg numbers seem to be hard to do without fuel injection. A light weight, all 'glass roadster would probably squirt down the road just fine with a basic mileage/towing 460 combo with D-3 heads. Don't know if this helps but you get a bump.

This message has been edited by D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. from IP address 64.12.117.9 on Nov 19, 2005 6:36 AM

(Login _CJ)

No score for this post
November 19 2005, 11:10 AM 

With a car that light, a well built 429 would probably give you more power than you could put to the ground with less fuel consumption than a bigger engine.

My suggestion:
429 shortblock
~10:1 compression
Edelbrock RPM heads
A hyd cam with 224/234 duration and 110-112 LS.
Edelbrock RPM intake

OR

If you have the budjet...why not a 429 with Boss heads. How cool would a 32 look with a Boss 429?

Current Topic - Help with 460 engine spec and best heads to use ???
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index