Monitor repair forum - Open   
Download schematics and service manuals
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  

Dell 1800FP with no power...

January 23 2005 at 11:33 AM
No score for this post
Jason  (Login joseywales1)

I have a Dell 1800FP lcd monitor, and all of a sudden it just went black. At the time it wasn't a huge deal because I had already ordered a larger CRT to suit my gaming wishes, so it was sitting by my desk for the past year or so.

Anyway, now I'm looking to see if I can figure out what's wrong with it. I took the back panel off and pulled the fuse out...essentially that's all I'm able to troubleshoot because of my vast lack of knowledge in this area. I don't even know how to determine if the fuse is good or bad

Could someone please tell me how to check a fuse. Also, where is a good site to purchase replacement parts, say if the fuse is bad and I needed a replacement? Lastly, if the fuse is OK, what else can I look for?

Any and all feedback is appreciated, but please remember I'm a complete noob with no electrical knowlege but willing to learn. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Jason

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Shawn
(no login)

Re: Dell 1800FP with no power...

No score for this post
January 27 2005, 10:33 PM 

Jason

You are one step ahead of me. I have the same problem but I can't open the monitor to look inside. I took all the screws out but can't pull the panell off. How did you do it?

To check the fuse take it to any electronic store and ask a technician to check it.

Shawn

Richard B
(no login)

Re: Dell 1800FP with no power...

No score for this post
January 28 2005, 4:47 AM 

Who is the manufacturer of this unit can you give an FCC or UL number of the rear label.

Rich

joseywales
(Login joseywales1)

More follow-up

No score for this post
January 28 2005, 3:20 PM 

I will be able to give the FCC number after I get home from work. I think I remember hearing or reading somewhere that it's an LG monitor sold under the Dell brandname, but I'm not positive so I'll give the requested info once the monitor is in front of me again.

Shawn - all I did was remove all the screws and take the plastic rear panel off. It didn't come off with no effort, but it didn't require a whole bunch of force either. I think if you just work it a little bit you'll be fine. Just make sure all the screws are out and you'll be fine.

For what it's worth, I took the fuse out and brought it into work and had one of the electricians check it for me. The fuse was fine, so that's not the problem. Looks like I'll have to keep looking for alternatives, so please, if anyone can help me out with this it's greatly appreciated.

Regards,

JoseyWales

ArkAnglz
(no login)

Dell 1800fp with no power

No score for this post
January 8 2006, 4:34 PM 

Hi. I have the same problem- just went blank- no power. Called Dell- my 3 year warranty ended January 2nd. Monitor failed January 5th. - Do they have it figured to the "T" ?
you learn anymore? Thought it might be the graphics controler board. Going now to check the fuse.

Paresh
(no login)

try a new power supply

No score for this post
February 10 2006, 12:53 PM 

check out www. repairmylcd.com

Richard B
(no login)

Re: Dell 1800fp with no power

Score 2.0 (1 person)
February 11 2006, 6:39 PM 

If it is the power supply check C907 47uF 50V.

Rich B

Jim Brockmann
(no login)

1800FP no power

No score for this post
February 27 2006, 4:48 PM 

I have the power supply isolated and get no power from the output plug (p902). I'm not sure if I'm looking for AC or DC but I get 0 volts on either meter setting. I get 165VAC at part BD901. Do you have some experience that makes you suspect C907? Do you know where I can get a schematic?

shawn
(no login)

Bad Power Supply

No score for this post
February 28 2006, 12:34 AM 

It's a bad POWER SUPPLY! You can get one on Ebay or goto Norris Parts.

To open the case:
1. unscrew all screws
2. use a flat head screw driver and pry into the seam ij the middle of the monitor.
3. run the screwdriver (gently) towards one side until to can pry the latch that keeps the casing to main body. You will hear a litle "snap" and this is easy to do, but don't use any force. It's more like prying the snap from the seat.
4. One you do one of them, the others will be much easier (if necessary).

They are about $50 for the power supply. The power unit is what goes out frequently.

gbg
(no login)

power supply

No score for this post
March 9 2006, 2:49 AM 

Replace IC 901 (ICE2AS01)

giacomo
(no login)

1800FP no power

No score for this post
March 9 2006, 11:06 AM 

I replaced IC901 and everything is up and running great. Thanks for all the help

Midnight Star
(no login)

1800 FP no power, no lights, nothing ...

No score for this post
March 19 2006, 11:08 PM 

Im definately not an electronics guru - but i've checked the output coming from the power supply card going into the second card (the one that connects to the DVI/VGA); there are 8 pins, the first two are ground, the second pair run 10.5v, the second two are ground again, and the last two run 25.5v. It's interesting, since the text on the card itself, describing the pins, shows the voltages to be half that. I'm assuming something on the card is bad, but not sure since the pc board scribblings and the actual voltages dont match. Does this sound correct? Any ideas where on the board the problem might reside?

Thanks for the help.

Mike.

mike mccammant
(Login resurrectek)

1800FP power supply

No score for this post
September 27 2006, 5:24 PM 

Check the solder connections on the bottom of the board where the two diode packs on the heat sink are, they usually open there. Remove the old solder, scrape the solder mask off around the leads about 1/4", then press the diode pack down from the top until they are seated on the holes, then bend the leads over on the bottom in the direction of the trace, and solder it down, this will help some. It is not uncommon for the PWM IC to fail also when this happens. Good luck, hopefully it did not scramble your AD/logic board, which happens a lot also on a power supply failure in these models.

Mike

Roger
(Login Roger88)

ICE2AS01

No score for this post
March 30 2007, 3:17 PM 

ICE2AS01 is available at Bluestar International Components in the US.
http://www.bluestar-online.com/ICE2AS01_p/ice2as01.htm

(They also ship international)

Regards,

Roger

ALberto
(Login albherna)

LCD 1800FP

Score 1.0 (1 person)
March 21 2006, 9:08 AM 

I already replaced the Power Supply, but nothing happened, the first time I noticed there was a blown fuse on the Power Supply, looking to this forum and having all the light off I decided to buy a Power supply from Norris but I just replced it and nothing...I do not know what the problem is, can you help me out please.

John
(no login)

IBM PS/1 monitor

No score for this post
March 20 2006, 1:41 AM 

Richard - sorry to hog this thread for unrelated item, but you seem to be the most knowledgable on this forum and I don't know how to start a new thread. My problem is a horizontal line across the face of the display, signifying trouble in the vertical circuitry. I have tried IBM for schematic but got no where. If you recall this was IBM's money grabber by putting the power supply in the monitor to prevent using replacement monitors. I have tried some of the schematic supply outfits you have mentioned to other guys but came up blank. In case you are wondering I use (or used to use) this machine for Basic programming only. Thanks in anticipation of any help you can direct me to. John

Richard B
(no login)

Re: IBM PS/1 monitor

No score for this post
March 20 2006, 8:02 AM 

Hi do you have the IBM model number off the rear label.

Rich

marlo
(Login mar_lo73)

No score for this post
March 21 2006, 12:57 AM 

hi richard B.Can You send me copy of schematic LG Studioworks 454v? THANK YOU
so much..

my e-mail mmanuel99@yahoo.com

John
(no login)

IBM PS/1 monitor

No score for this post
March 20 2006, 5:25 PM 

Hi Rich
P/N 93F0501

FCC ID ANO93F0501

Thanks for interest shown.
John

Richard B
(no login)

Score 1.0 (1 person)
March 21 2006, 6:08 AM 

This is a true IBM manufactured unit.

I do not have any real IBM circuits, only later oem units.

Rich

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
   TV repair course   TV repair forum     Monitor repair forum    Monitor repair course