Software for repair shop
Assist Control

Free trial

tv repair

Monitor repair forum - Open   
Download schematics and service manuals
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  

FIXED H-SIZE/PINCUSHION , RED PIXEL BLEEDING.

April 18 2005 at 7:46 PM
No score for this post
David  (no login)

I had posted a problem i had with a KDS VS-190i monitor. The H-size/pincushion and trapezoid was not working. I have replaced R439 with a 2.2k (I couldn't read the value , but i could still read 1.5k on that resistor. So i thought 2.2k was good enough.) Now that all works!

Now i can see mostly above the Start button of windows , or around the clock , that red pixels are bleeding on the top of the text. Red pixels were bleeding from most of the text, giving it an illusion of inclarity. I have tried the pots on the flyback, adjusted them to get the best results possible, that still doesn't fix the red pixel bleeding. There is also 3 pots on the top of the tube, labeled Yx i turned those and it cleaned up the red pixels bleeding from the white text of my desktop icons, but some red pixels still remain above black text.

What should i be looking for now? Could there be more pots to adjust? I've tried decreasing the amount of red in the picture but the red pixels just dim instead. Should the 3 pots labeled Y on top of the tube be able to correct that? Its very annoying because right across the taskbar a red line appears.

Also , where could i find .jpg test files .. to setup my screen for the best results? I'm sure there's a collection of patterns and pictures used to set the best picture possible?

Any input is appreciated Thanx.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Richard B
(no login)

Re: FIXED H-SIZE/PINCUSHION , RED PIXEL BLEEDING.

No score for this post
April 19 2005, 3:28 PM 

This is convergence i.e. the alignment of the three colours.

You need a cross hatch pattern which is a grid over the whole display area which can be either magenta or white.

This checks the red to blue, and then red/blue to green.

The unit may have user menu for convergence or you may need to get into factory settings if none of these then there are ring magnets around the CRT neck on the rear of the scan coils either locked with a locking ring or sealed with some easily broken paint/sealent.

Ring magnets marked with a 4 are for the red blue, magnest marked with a 6 are for the green to red/blue.

The ring magnets are for static convergence and should be used to set the centre correctly.

Controls on the scan coil depend on what the CRT manufacturer has provided.

These range from red/blue vertical line tilt, red/blue split end top or bottom adjust, or red blue curve.

Some have a coil on the scan coil for horizontal red/blue line tilt.

Rich

David
(no login)

Thanx & where can i find patterns?

No score for this post
April 20 2005, 8:31 PM 

Thank you very much for that information Richard, I am an electronic technician , but i've only worked with Tvs/monitors in school , and that was 4 years ago, so there are some elements i've forgotten about repairing/adjusting monitors.

Moving the magnets around fixed the big majority of my problem but now i've noticed blue pixels bleeding on the left of the black text , when it has a gray background. This is very minor , and maybe i'm just picky . But i don't have a pattern generator to examine the little details. Is it safe to think that such patterns are available somewhere in .jpg (or 24bit .bmp) ? Or would there just be a pattern generator software that would be complete with instructions on what to do with different patterns? I would really like to do at least more tests/adjustements on the screen.

Thanks a lot again Richard , that solved it!

I'm very happy

Richard B
(no login)

Re: Thanx & where can i find patterns?

No score for this post
April 21 2005, 4:26 AM 

Check your mail.

Rich

Richard B
(no login)

Re: Thanx & where can i find patterns?

No score for this post
April 21 2005, 5:58 AM 

email address not recognised.

Rich

David
(no login)

email address

No score for this post
April 22 2005, 11:58 PM 

Hi,

Sorry for the email address, i ommitted the .com to avoid spamming..

I would appreciate if you did send it to me again.. thanx.

David

Richard B
(no login)

Re: email address

No score for this post
April 23 2005, 3:59 AM 

I yes I see what you mean about the address I was so tngled up looking at all those "3's" I did not notice the end missing.

On its way.

Rich

David
(no login)

Damn Hotmail

No score for this post
April 24 2005, 5:15 PM 

Hi

Sorry again , but Hotmail detected a virus in ntest.zip that you tried to send me and won't allow me to download it.

Can you send it to this email instead?

Hehehe i find all this a bit funny.

Thanx again.

Richard B
(no login)

Re: Damn Hotmail

No score for this post
April 24 2005, 6:58 PM 

Sent again

My tests with both McAfee and trend online do not find anything.

Rich

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
   TV repair course   TV repair forum     Monitor repair forum    Monitor repair course