Download schematics and service manuals
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  

samsung 56v osd not disappear

February 7 2006 at 1:01 PM
No score for this post
srinivasan_namakkal  (no login)

Hello, i am an electronics technician. I was facing
new problem in one of our customer samsung monitor.
The problem was the OSD display not disapper from the
screen even i pressed exit key. i was changed the
osd controller chip, replaced the crt neck
board,micom,memory chip also...but the problem still remain. I cant select the function also...please kindly help me..
Thank you.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Avishek Das
(no login)

Samsung 56V OSD problem

Score 1.0 (1 person)
April 29 2006, 8:31 AM 

I am experiencing a peculiar problem with my mooniter, which is a Samsung 56V.What is happening is that everytime I am switching my computer the OSD pops up all by itself, then shows the message Control Locked.When I press the exit key it goes away but come back once again.Only when I see my desktop after windows loads it goes away again by itself.I am using windows xp service pack 2,with all updates.
What is this problem,should I call the moniter technician or it can be a software problem as well,becoz if I swithch the monitor off and then switch it back on while the CPU is running the problem does not arise.The problem is after I switch off the power supply I get the OSD even though I havent pressed the menu key.Plz help.

Kevin
(Login makson)

Are you still intrested to fix your monitor?

Score 2.0 (1 person)
January 29 2007, 11:03 PM 

Just read your article today. I've actually fix few of this problem. Do you still want to fix your monitor? Or perhaps you've already got the solution? E-mail me at kevin@makson.com.my if you need my help. Thanks

ravi
(Login ravi16)

Samsung 56v monitor

No score for this post
September 1 2013, 3:26 AM 

Samsung 56v monitor no display.green led blinking/safe mode. relay create tick tick sound.I can't find which component of problem. I replaced the PWM IC also. Again same problem continuous.Pls help me.

lohith
(Login lohithbc)

Re: Samsung 56V OSD problem

No score for this post
September 6 2014, 8:58 AM 

there vl be 8pin ic near the processor ic.........change the ic ......this 8pin ic is the menu conroller of the processor ic

shannu
(Login shannu)

samsung 56v osd not disappear

Score 1.0 (1 person)
December 16 2007, 9:13 AM 

change the 5v regulator

suresh
(Login sureshsaravanan)

Re: samsung 56v osd not disappear

No score for this post
February 5 2008, 6:46 AM 

Replace 7805

imran khan
(Login imran1khan)

Re: samsung 56v osd not disappear

No score for this post
February 6 2008, 10:44 AM 

Near SYS control IC small type IC LA78R05 when output volts goes high about 6v than OSD will never goes off.

Imran khan

lohith
(Login lohithbc)

crt monitor

No score for this post
February 24 2014, 6:30 AM 

change the switch of the menu

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
   TV repair course   TV repair forum     Monitor repair forum    Monitor repair course