Monitor repair forum - Open   
Download schematics and service manuals
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  

HP P1120 horzontal black line issue

March 13 2006 at 10:20 PM
No score for this post
mike  (Login stmpjmp)

Hello there. I bought this CRT recently and have noticed 2 small black lines runnin across the entire screen. They both are 1/3rd distance from their respective edges. They arent terrible I suppose but I cant help but notice them. Is there any sort of fix for this or do I need to realize this crt is dying and plan ahead for that.

Thanks so much

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
mike
(Login stmpjmp)

no edit function?

No score for this post
March 13 2006, 10:28 PM 

Sorry. Wanted a little more description and it seems i cant find an edit.

Ok, the lines are razor thin but solid and run across the entire screen left to right. Ive checked my pc with another CRT and it had no issue.

mike
(Login stmpjmp)

Found answer but wonder if theres help

No score for this post
March 13 2006, 10:42 PM 

Ok, I found my answer. Damper wires. Now the question is is there a way to minimize the "shadow" effect of said wires. Yes, I realize its not going away but could I lighten it or help the situation out in any other way? Thanks

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
   TV repair course   TV repair forum     Monitor repair forum    Monitor repair course