Monitor repair forum - Open   
Download schematics and service manuals
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  

Dell E551 / Acer 7254e I guess......

March 16 2006 at 6:12 AM
No score for this post
Kevin  (Login makson)

Dear all, urgent need help here. I know what is the KCY2800 already it's D669A. I replace it and the horizontal screen size become very wide and can't resize to become smaller. Fed up checking and can't find any other parts that is defect and I'm pretty sure that the KCY2800 can be substitute by D669A. Anyone please help? I would greatly appreciate. Thanks & have a great day.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Richard B
(no login)

Re: Dell E551 / Acer 7254e I guess......

No score for this post
March 17 2006, 4:51 AM 

Check D308 & C316 If D308 is not leaky or short circuit then the problem is most likely C316 this is a bipolar electrolytic but it is not the standard off the shelf type.

So it may be easier to fit a polyester 3u3 at 50V.

Rich

Kevin
(no login)

No score for this post
March 17 2006, 6:02 AM 

Dear Richard B, thanks for your reply I really appreciate it and you always lend a helping hand. It's very kind of you. I've changed both components but still no luck. I get another clue is that the horizontal screen width will keep on increase if I left it on after a few second and I quickly off it. Any advise? Thanks again and have a great weekend......

Warmest regards,
Kevin

Richard B
(no login)

No score for this post
March 20 2006, 4:34 AM 

If you remove both Q302 & Q303 you should have a narrow picture. see if this is so.

Rich

Kevin
(Login makson)

Score 2.0 (1 person)
March 20 2006, 5:37 AM 

Dear Richard B, Thanks for you fast reply. Did as you said and found that the width still oversize. For example the EPA logo just appear more than half and from the screen text I can know that it has a pinchusion. Horizontal size won't get wider as monitor left for few secods. What should I do next? Please advise. Thanks

Richard B
(no login)

No score for this post
March 20 2006, 4:45 PM 

Hi can you measure the voltage on D304 +ve and let me know what it is.

Rich

Kevin
(Login makson)

No score for this post
March 21 2006, 3:41 AM 

Dear Richard B, hope that I won't bring too much trouble for you. The voltage is 43.9V Please advise. Thanks & enjoy your day.

Warmest Regards,
Kevin

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
   TV repair course   TV repair forum     Monitor repair forum    Monitor repair course