Software for repair shop
Assist Control

Free trial

tv repair

Monitor repair forum - Open   
Download schematics and service manuals
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  

Monitor is turning green, how to fix it?

April 22 2012 at 11:19 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (Login giyad)

I recently repaired my monitor by replacing some capacitors on it. After being successful with that a friend of mine started having a problem with his monitor, so I said I'd give it a look. Its not the same problem, hes seeing green discoloration, looks like green powder all over the screen. The monitor is an LCD, and it doesn't seem to be a cable issue as we've tried a different VGA cable, however when I tried using an HDMI, i saw the problem but then after a minute or two it went away.

So maybe someone can help me diagnose the problem, or if its the green gun, can i fix or replace this? I visually inspected the capacitors on this monitor and they seem fine.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Thirantha
(Login Thirantha)

Re: Monitor is turning green

No score for this post
May 4 2012, 2:42 AM 

Probably a bad solder joint on the circuit board. You should look very carefully as some solder cracks are microscopic.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
   TV repair course   TV repair forum     Monitor repair forum    Monitor repair course