Monitor repair forum - Open   
Download schematics and service manuals
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  

hp pavilian f1503 blank screen - flashes on for a split second

December 5 2012 at 7:15 PM
No score for this post
TRE  (Login tre2012)

If I remember right, it was my main monitor for years, about 6 months ago, I was trying to DOUBLE SCREEN on my PC to my 60 inch monitor, at the time I only had onboard gfx, i was using the monitor and had HDMI running to tv.. i was in the screen where u switch, check screens, resolution and all of that... and tried to run both at the same time.. screen went blank

turning the power on would only bring it in a sleeping state... Yellow light instead of blue

So i have been using an old monitor, one of the big ones, a dell xlr or whatever

I got a gtx 560 now, and trying to play black ops 2 online, or battlefield 3 is a chore.. of course its hard to see on these old screens.. at least for me.. not as clear

I just tried the hp pavilian f1503 on another pc.. with windows xp just to see if it would work now.. the power light turns blue, but has a blank screen.. but every MINUTE or so for a split second it displays PERFECTLY then blank screen again... but like I said.. its almost a perfect delay, I didnt count.. but its maybe under a min.. it displays whats on the screen.. is saw bits of loading screen, then a flash of the windows xp logo, then desktop...

is it messed up for good? can anything be done, that would be worth fixing it? Cause in a few months I was going to get a 23 inch hd monitor.. but for now, this old one is killing me.. and It will be at least a few months till i can upgrade cause work is slowing down, during the holiday season, which is horrible.. but i would appreciate anyone that has had this happen before, or someone that just has the general knowledge that could assist me with this issue.

Thank you for your time, and hopefully your help

-TRE

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login tre2012)

Re: hp pavilian f1503 blank screen - flashes on for a split second

No score for this post
December 6 2012, 7:26 PM 

anyone?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
   TV repair course   TV repair forum     Monitor repair forum    Monitor repair course