Monitor repair forum - Open   
Download schematics and service manuals
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  

Samsung 305T Monitor Flashing Problem

June 27 2013 at 3:21 PM
No score for this post
Kyle  (Login gillen033)

Hello, my monitor just started having this weird problem, where some of the screen is displaying a second flashing image. The second flashing image is a mimic of the normal screen, offset by a bit.

I made a youtube video showcasing the problem, which I think is the easiest way to see what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7bbKdMNTjg&feature=youtu.be

I hope it's okay to post outside links? If not I can post a screenshot instead.

Thanks!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kyle
(Login gillen033)

Found the Problem

No score for this post
June 27 2013, 9:30 PM 

Well of course after struggling with this problem for a week, I figure out the problem just after posting!

Turns out it was a faulty logic/T Con board. Something to do with the chip on the board overheating. I reflowed it by baking the board in an oven at 375 degrees for 8 minutes and the problem has disappeared. From what I've read, this is the correct solution to fixing the problem temporarily, but a heatsink and fan needs to be installed to keep the chip from overheating in the future.

More information can be found here:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1652986

Arctucas
(Login Arctucas)

New board?

No score for this post
February 2 2014, 7:50 PM 

I am also having issues with my 305t+, but it happens only in games, where I get cascading wide green bars going from top to bottom.

Having read the link posted previous to finding this forum thread, I might try baking the board as a last resort, but I would really prefer to buy a replacement.

However, it appears there are none for sale, at least that I can find, and I was wondering if someone knew where a new replacement board could be purchased?

Thanks

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
   TV repair course   TV repair forum     Monitor repair forum    Monitor repair course