Monitor repair forum - Open   
Download schematics and service manuals
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  

Acer Travelmate c303xmi LCD inverter cable broken wires

September 21 2013 at 9:10 PM
No score for this post
Patrick  (Login packmanPJ)

I have an old Acer Travelmate c303xmi and the LCD hinge broke. Continued usage without replacing the hinge caused the LCD inverter cable to wear and three brown wires were severed.

I've dismantled the laptop and it still runs, although the LCD screen is very dim and the adaptive brightness is currently not responding. The stylus still works.

My question: Does anyone know what the wiring diagram for the LCD inverter cable should be? These are very fine wires, but I've access to expert wiring technicians that could repair them. I originally thought since they were all brown they all might be same. However, with Windows XP up and running and some rough testing with a multimeter on the wires (connected to the mobo) revealed the following. (slightly fluctuating)

wire#1 = -9mV
wire#2 = -18V
wire#2 = -18V

From the LCD side, the wires read the following. (slightly fluctuating):

wireA = 300mV
wireB = 0.7mV
wireC = 300m

Of the red, blue, white, purple, black, green, orange, and yellow wires, there are only four that are brown and three of mine are severed.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to monitor repair course  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
   TV repair course   TV repair forum     Monitor repair forum    Monitor repair course