<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

World Unity Will Be Possible only With A World Wide Labotomy!

March 21 2002 at 6:54 PM
No score for this post
  (Login Locke1977)

There is no possible way to unite the whole world peacefully. It is in the very nature of man to war with eachother. Think about it. You have to train a dog not to piss on your carpet, by punishing and conditioning it when it does, and rewarding it when it's good. Man may have a big ego but we are really not that different from the rest of nature. The only way to rid the human race of war is to stop raising our children to hate each-other. To teach them unversal love and peace. As long as there are people raising their children to hate another religion or group of people the the cycle of hate will never end. All this talk of uniting the world is BULL! We need to stop trying to think of ways to force or to talk people into ending all the wars, and concentrate on preventing more from springing up in the future.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Hector
(no login)

Just a thought...

No score for this post
March 22 2002, 5:37 PM 

I wish to mention, Locke, that when I read you articles, I see truth in them. You are correct that world unity is close to impossible. What you overlook is the fact that you are looking from an American viewpoint. This view is limiting your thinking. You make assumptions about the reactions to our armies. You can not assume for those different from yourself. While yes, you are correct in your answer, I disagree with your reasoning. I wish to know what your plan is for helping in the future.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Truthbringer
(no login)

Peace is Overrated

No score for this post
March 24 2002, 11:04 AM 

War is empirically neither good nor bad; It is a struggle of ideas and a test of commitment and motivation.

I challenge the idea that all wars are unjust.

If we do not teach our children to love freedom, we have failed them; If we teach our children to love freedom, they cannot help but hate bondage.

And there will always be those who seek to bind us.

There are some things worse than bloodshed; Pacificim which delivers people into tyranny is one.

Iris To
(no login)

Re: World Unity Will Be Possible only With A World Wide Labotomy!

No score for this post
April 15 2002, 11:59 PM 

People always say "the end of histoy", the whole world would be globalized in a economic sense. Nevertheless,the 911 insident proved that globalization are far far away to reach.

We really could not ignore the cultural factors and the religion factors that block the process of globalization. Actually, these factors are even stronger than we thought. It will be true that economic cooperation would be more and more common, but assymetic political situation among the countries would lead to unsettle conflicts between them.

(Login BaccusEros)

No score for this post
April 17 2002, 6:33 PM 

I believe Locke has a point. But he is wrong if he thinks that world peace can be achieved through peaceful means. The people causing the violence will only stop when they are dead. what we need is a war to end all wars

(no login)

ITS WANDWEFOOL AND TRUE, CONGRATULATIONS

No score for this post
April 20 2002, 7:46 AM 

i JJUST READ YOURWANDERFUL OPINION, I THINNK IT IS VERY CLEAR, INTELIGENT, AND MORE IT IS ALMOSTAS TRUE AS THE BIBLIA RELATE, BUT FURTHER MORE IS THE LIFE IT SELF.I AM MEXICAN, AND I THINK THE SAME, BUT, I CAN SEE THE JWEISH POWER, IS SLAVERING THE HOLE WORLD, SINCE THEY HAVE ALL THE MONEY, WINING THIS BY WARS PPRODUCING, AND WORKING ALL THE TIME IN THE OPOSITTE WAY INDUCING THE HOLE WORLD PEOPLE TU USE DRUGS, AND SEX, THE LESBIANS AND HONSEXUALS. THE ARE CREATING WIRH SOFISTICATED ITEMS, A DIABOLIC SISTEMS TRYING TO KILL THE HUMANS THAT ARE NOT ZIONISM MEMBERS. GOD BLES YOU FOR BEING SO CLEVER.EXCUSSME FOR MI WRITTING, I AM NOT VERY ACCUENTED WITH THE COMPUTER. AND MI IDIOM IS SPANISH

(no login)

No score for this post
April 20 2002, 1:22 PM 

World unity is a utopian concept. It is something to be strived for but can never actually be achieved.

Now I must jump on the back of another post and say war is neither good nor bad. As someone who believes in evolution I see war more as scraping off dead layers of skin so that the fresher living skin can be exposed to the air to breathe and grow.

When a way of life becomes ancient and falls behind the rest of the world, it needs to be evaluated. If it is docile then it is something to be looked at and wondered about. When it becomes dangerous and violently takes lives arbitrarily then it should be forced into submission or scraped away so another way of live can evolve.

(Login HectorVictorious)

No score for this post
April 20 2002, 2:28 PM 

You remark that world unity is a utopian concept, and thus, it is not possible to achieve. If this point is true, then no dreams to improve the world drastically is possible either. Yes, world unity IS a utopian concept, but that is exactly what we are looking for. A dream to follow to set us on our path. A high goal to shoot for. Yes, world unity is a utopian concept, but what's wrong with that? That's exactly what we're looking for.

(no login)

No score for this post
April 20 2002, 3:06 PM 

But the world has changed drastically. It changed drastically twice in the 18th century when the US left England and when the French monarchy was destroyed. It changed when the USSR fell and when the Japanese and Germans where defeated in WWII. All of which was done through war and violent uprising.

Unity and peace are desireable and I agree that they should be pursued, however, when it leads to complacency and tyranny, it has its limits. Violence is a usefull catylyst when peaceful resistance fails.

Anonymous
(no login)

Brandon

No score for this post
April 22 2002, 5:42 PM 

I haven't seen any of your posts before, so I assume you are newto this board. Allow me to welcome you. Your well thought-out opinions are breath of fresh air after the influx of mindless sheep we've had as of late(what do I expect? It is the Democrat Discussion Forum).Keep the post coming. And that "influx of mindless sheep" comment was directed at Locke and Hector in case anyone was wondering.
-David

"Think for yourself, question authority"
-Timothy Leary

"Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing"
-Maynard James Keenan

(Login HectorVictorious)

Anonymous

No score for this post
April 28 2002, 4:57 PM 

Thanks for the direct insult instead of the subtle hint I almost missed. That's not nessacary to post, if you wish to insult me, insult me directly at my e-mail which i have provided.

(Login HectorVictorious)

Brandon

No score for this post
April 28 2002, 5:01 PM 

But has this war led to tyranny? You refer to a common cycle of war leading to peace, war to peace. Must we continue this cycle? What if we tried stopping the cycle at peace instead of continuesly repeating the past?

(no login)

No score for this post
April 29 2002, 5:45 PM 

For the full winded response look at my last post under the "Why are the enormously stupid ones always elected!"

But in short. What we are doing is in response to attacks on us. We recognize a threat to us and we are trying to eliminate it. We know that the people we are at war with do not listen to diplomacy. When there are agreements to peace, it lasts not much longer than it takes for the ink to dry. Simply put, peace is desirable, but unfortunatly, not an option.

This is short. Hit the other string for more.

(Login HectorVictorious)

Here's where we part

No score for this post
April 30 2002, 5:35 PM 

This is where we part. Up until now, I've agreed with most of your opinions. This is a troublesome place we enter now, a place of opinion and not fact. There is no right or wrong, just educated guessing. I can't disagree with facts, I only disagree with morals.

(no login)

A New Thought

No score for this post
August 25 2002, 10:50 PM 

A quick thought...
Locke has said "World Unity will be possible only with a World Wide Labotomy!" I disagree with Labotomy. I think if the world had a cause to rally behind, then we would. If there was a danger great enough, I believe the world would unify. Now the world needs a cause, whether a good or a ill one, to rally behind and unite.

AgainstMacedonianPhilip
(Login AgainstMacedonianPhilip)

No score for this post
January 15 2008, 9:41 PM 

I appreciate the emphasis on realism, but the only reason world peace couldn't exist is because of overly-cynical people like this! I'm more of a cynic than most, but even I think this is going a little to far.

In a completely off-topic comment, wow, so this is what it's like when Bean and Peter go against each other.

Current Topic - World Unity Will Be Possible only With A World Wide Labotomy!  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on PoliticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement