It has always perplexed me......February 28 2010 at 2:59 PM
No score for this post
|Mike (Login Kandalf)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Response to Booster venturi problem
I have wondered the same thing with my 4100. Like yours, the inner tubes in my emulsion tubes are not installed in the center of the tube, though mine are not laying directly against the wall of the outer tube covering any of the little holes on the side either.
It is one of those things that make me wonder if it was intentionally offset because that is how the booster is calibrated or if it is out of alignment because it just does not matter or of it was just lackadaisically assembled/installed. There are soo many "little" things about these carbs I would love to know better about this being one of them.
It would be interesting to know the general consensus regarding this from other people too. Are all of them off center or do some people have boosters with them installed directly in the middle? Does it really matter where they are? I'd love to know.
- I went out and looked... - Boomyal on Feb 28, 5:13 PM
- I'm guessing - Roy Simkins on Feb 28, 5:49 PM
- I would wonder if it even mattered... - Boomyal on Feb 28, 6:35 PM
- Re: I would wonder if it even mattered... - Roy Simkins on Mar 9, 4:38 AM
- I've taken one apart.. - OldSkool on Mar 9, 9:29 AM
- Better things to do with your time....... - Duke on Mar 9, 9:36 AM