Hot idle compensator?March 21 2010 at 12:55 PM
No score for this post
|Boomyal (Login boomyal)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
I have a C5ZF-D. It does not have a hot idle compensator apparatus on the front of the choke horn.
Is it likely that someone switched the top or could it have come either way?
I have seen at least two pictures where the carb has that device. Not sure if I have seen any where it doesn't. I did see one picture of a C5ZF-C (for a 4spd) that did not have it.
|This message has been edited by boomyal from IP address 126.96.36.199 on Mar 21, 2010 12:56 PM|
- See pic.... - Mike on Mar 21, 2010, 1:54 PM
- I blew into.... - Boomyal on Mar 21, 2010, 4:48 PM
- My C5SF-A has it...N/M - Lee on Mar 21, 2010, 5:57 PM
- Basicly everything 1965 up but the Mustang carbs got the compensator... - Ed Jenkins on Mar 22, 2010, 12:00 AM
- Don't have one either.... - Duke on Mar 22, 2010, 7:44 AM
- what is the hot idle compensator for ? - 1965cyclone289 on Mar 22, 2010, 6:41 PM
- simply put it compensates for a hot idle....... - Ed Jenkins on Mar 25, 2010, 9:05 PM