Power valve wet with gasApril 25 2010 at 8:14 PM
No score for this post
|foleysfriend (Login foleysfriend)|
from IP address 126.96.36.199
Response to Rebuilt 4100 idle screws and adjustments.
I took the carburetor off and took a look at the power valve cover. There was no apparent gas coming out of the cover when it was running, but after removal the gasket and inside was wet. Is this a case that the power valve is faulty or not tightened enough. The p[ower valve was not the style that I have from a Ford CT-191 rebuild kit. The number is 8.5 and looks like a Holley PV. Now that it is off is there a wire or technique to go through the idle passages.
- The power valve cover... - Lee on Apr 25, 2010, 10:18 PM
- Have changed power valve - foleysfriend on Apr 25, 2010, 11:17 PM
- Autoline - Duke on Apr 26, 2010, 6:56 AM
- Autoline Carb - foleysfriend on Apr 26, 2010, 8:45 AM
- When the choke... - Lee on Apr 26, 2010, 1:59 PM
- Will unplug choke connections - foleysfriend on Apr 26, 2010, 7:07 PM
- Booster confirmation - foleysfriend on Apr 26, 2010, 11:46 PM
- 90% - Duke on Apr 27, 2010, 9:47 AM
- Close - Duke on Apr 27, 2010, 12:59 PM
- Thanks Duke - foleysfriend on Apr 27, 2010, 7:48 PM