The Present Truth Forum

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>INDEX  

"Angels and Women"

June 6 2006 at 8:27 AM
No score for this post
anonymous  (no login)
from IP address 156.63.54.146

Was this a publication that Russell promoted as a good read? How do you respond to those who would state that he was promoting the work of a spirit medium? I am asking sincerely, not to start a fight.

anon

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Regan
(Login Regan1874)
Bible Student Friends

good post, needs an answer

No score for this post
June 6 2006, 8:54 AM 

This has been discussed before, and I know someone else can answer better than I can. There is a good answer to this, and if no one else responds, I'll try to search it up for you.

Thanks for posting,

Regan

Yours in Truth,

Regan

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Jones
(no login)

Angels and Women

No score for this post
June 8 2006, 9:04 PM 

I have not seen such a publication. But Paul warned women to cover their heads because of the angels. He was speaking about the "fallen angels" who left their natural habitat and became flesh and married Addam's daughters.
Paul knew they would be judged by the church, in order to do so these angels will have liberty again. Paul expected these things to happen in his lifetime. He was warning the women to cover up , hide as best you can from these angels.

I would say NO! Pastor Russell was simply doing a wise thing on behalf of the sisters. IF, he published such a pamplet.

My opinion only.

Bob Jones Psalm 50:5

Regan
(Login Regan1874)
Bible Student Friends

It was a Rutherford publication

No score for this post
June 8 2006, 9:13 PM 

It was not published by Pastor Russell. I believe it was published in 1924, 8 years after Pastor Russell's passing beyond the veil.

Sergio
(no login)

It was a A. B. Abac Co. publication

No score for this post
June 9 2006, 1:45 AM 

The book was published by the A. B. Abac Co., which some have said it was Ed Brenneisen's company (he was mentioned in Russell's testament as one of the five suggested members of the Editorial Committee).
The composition and plating binding was made by the W. B. Conkey Co. from Hammond, Indiana.
The Watch Tower didn't mention that novel, but the Golden Age (whose editor wasn't Rutherford) published a review of the novel and recommended it to the readers. It was said they didn't distribute the book, and interested people had to address the A.B. Acac Co. directly.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>INDEX  
Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
truthforum.gif

Views expressed on The Present Truth Forum are not necessarily 
those of forum owner Regan Balman nor any other group or individual.
This forum is not affiliated with any Church or denomination and stands for free unfettered searching of the Scriptures.

Contact us by email

Search Pastor Russell's Writings

Search Bible Blueletterbible.org

Best Sources for News on Israel
Arutz Sheva
Debka file